“Fresh and enticing”

Anejo Mexican Bistro & Tequila Bar
Ranked #4 of 166 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Añejo Mexican Bistro offers a unique take on fresh Mexican cuisine and cocktails offered in a fun, sophisticated atmosphere on Main Street in Falmouth
Southern California
“Fresh and enticing”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I was a little confused on entering the restaurant since it doesn't have the Mexican feel I was expecting. The decor although pleasant was not authentic nor was the background music. I was however there to eat dinner and my family and I were pleasantly surprised. The food here looks and tastes freshly prepared and had good flavour. My husband ordered the Taco salad which he enjoyed, my children ordered the quesadilla's and I ordered the burrito. The only part of our dining experience I didn't enjoy, was my burrito was served wrapped in foil on a disposable tray whereas my family's were all presented nicely on plates?! I expect this presentation from a food truck and not a restaurant. Overall though our experience was good and we would probably go back again.

• Visited July 2013

Falmouth, Massachusetts, United States
“Muy Bueno!!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Very good food! Excellent service! Superb Margaritas! The tortilla chips have great flavor and the guacamole is prepared table-side and is wonderful. The fried ice-cream is delicious. There is outdoor seating with really cool heaters for cool nights but the nearby sewage treatment building kind of kills that mood. Seating is very tight. You usually have to wait for a table but it is worth the wait!!

• Visited June 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Spicing up Falmouth”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

We ate three times at Anejo during our 10 day stay in Falmouth as it was very different to anything we can find at home. Apart from the excellent food, we found the staff to be genuinely helpful and friendly and the atmosphere upbeat and informal. We just went in for a drink late one evening after a poor meal elsewhere and still received the complimentary Nachos. We generally found eating out expensive and most wines were over $30 dollars a bottle and over $8 a small glass, but Anejo was reasonably priced and the Tequila cocktails were excellent!

• Visited June 2013
massachusetts
“Yummmm”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Nice menu and well prepared food. Nice outdoor seating area
Guacamole prepared table side is a nice touch too

Visited July 2013
“Great location, very good food”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

After an afternoon of biking in the area, sitting at an outside table enjoying the town and great meal was delightful. I am not a huge fan of Mexico food because I am sensitive to spicy food, but the waitress was very patient in pointing out entrees that were not spicy. My meal was delicious and the atmosphere perfect.

• Visited July 2013