“Excellent Mexican food”

Anejo Mexican Bistro & Tequila Bar
Ranked #3 of 167 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Añejo Mexican Bistro offers a unique take on fresh Mexican cuisine and cocktails offered in a fun, sophisticated atmosphere on Main Street in Falmouth
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I did not consult my trip advisor bible before stopping in at this restaurant on Main St. We just took a chance! Because it was such a nice day we sat out on the patio. I highly recommend the Shrimp and Avocado Salad with grilled shrimp, Bibb lettuce, jicama, mango and a nice vinaigrette. My friend had the Fish tacos and was also very pleased with her meal. The service was excellent, but it was mid-afternoon and not busy. Overall, very happy we stopped in.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Great ambiance and a promising menu had me expecting greatness. Unfortunately, the food was just alright. The black bean soup was prohibitively hot - and yes, I know it's Mexican and supposed to be scorching - but when the heat overpowers the ability to taste the ingredients, it's too much. The cornflake-encrusted cod made a small comeback, and was not bad. But overall, it was simply average fare. I'd go back again and maybe give it another shot, but not until I'd sampled some of Falmouth's other restaurants.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

They prepared your guacamole table side, with choices of onions, cilantro, lime juice, etc, delicious!!!!!

Reviewed June 12, 2012

There on a chilly Tuesday in June. Modern and attractive. Taco salad and tacos de pollo weren't "authentic street food" as menu claims but were very good and stylishly presented. Bar area very nice too - good to watch sporting events on two large flat screens. Outdoor seating good for people watching. I'd go back.

Reviewed June 12, 2012

American Mexican...good atmosphere & service, expensive, great tequila selection...fun times