“Fun, atmospheric, casual eating place”

Anejo Mexican Bistro & Tequila Bar
Ranked #5 of 162 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Kids, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Añejo Mexican Bistro offers a unique take on fresh Mexican cuisine and cocktails offered in a fun, sophisticated atmosphere on Main Street in Falmouth
London
“Fun, atmospheric, casual eating place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2011

Great just for a cocktail, light snack or more substantial meal.

Servers were all really pleasant and helpful.

Food was good quality and good value for money.

Would definitely recommend.

Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“You May Be Looking for Seafood in Falmouth but Give This Place a Try”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2011

Recently visited Anejo on a trip to Falmouth after attempting to dine at the Quarterdeck. The Quarterdeck had a long wait so my girlfriend and I decided to try this place right around the corner. It looked very busy but they were able to seat us fairly quickly. I ordered the Cucumber margarita for a drink, which was excellent and as an appetizer we ordered the lobster Mac n cheese. Wow is all I can say! The mac n cheese was completely devoured in a couple minutes and it left us wanting more. For entrees, I ordered the carne asada and my girlfriend ordered the tuna steak. Both were amazing and we had plenty of food left over afterwards. The tuna was excellently prepared but may have been a little spicy for my girlfriends taste. It didn't bother me as I enjoy spicy food but you should consider this when ordering. The only drawback I suppose was the restaurant has a very trendy almost club like atmosphere and it gets quite loud in there, This is not the place for you if you are looking for a quiet evening meal. Still, the food and drinks here were excellent and I would certainly return.

New Haven, Connecticut
“great mexican food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2011

The atmosphere is great, staff were friendly, drinks were great. I had the rasberry mojito and I kept drinking like it was juice..it was delish! My husband had the Michelada style beer. Guys, if you want to try something different..try this..there's hot sauce, worcestershire sauce etc..it smelled funny but my husband drank it and liked it after he get use to it. the first time we ate at this place, we ate one of the burritos..i remember it was really good and huge. Cool thing about this place is that they make the salsa in front of you. The staff goes to your table with their little cart full of fresh ingredients for the salsa. They also have TVs..great if you like to watch sports during dinner/cocktails. If you're visiting Falmouth, this place is a must..plus gives you a little break from eating all that seafood galore.

Albany, New York
“Over-rayed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2011

What are people raving about? I've traveled extensively in Mexico and this food in strictly American imitation. It's bland and way too rich. The signature drink was wildly overpriced and much too sweet. The music was loud. The service self-satisfied. Very disappointing overall, although we enjoyed the decor.

1 Thank DanceTripper
Cape Cod, MA
“Fantastic Mexican food - delicious and expertly prepared - with great service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

We eat out every day of the week and I rarely am very impressed. We had heard about this restaurant for many months but heard the line to get in was very long. We went early (4pm) on a Tuesday and found Barry, the Bar Manager, to be ready to accommodate us and give us great service. The food was unquestionably Mexican and delicious and very special, so much better than the quasi-mexican offered at restaurants. I will recommend this to all my "foodie" friends from Boston. Very, very good food & service. Considering how good everything was, I cannot say it was not expensive because we ate every bite.