“Good bar food”

Quahog Republic Dive Bar
Ranked #30 of 167 Restaurants in Falmouth
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Quahog Republic Dive Bar offers "wicked good eats" and serves a full menu till 12:30am nightly. Try the famous Aussie or Island Burger, Stuffed Quahog, Quahog Chowder and the very popular crunchy cod Fish and Chips. Sample a frozen drink, fresh squeezed cocktail or one of the 10 beers on tap. Our Bloody Mary, garnished with bacon, has become an instant classic! Events and entertainment are always happeing at the Dive Bar. Friendly feel good atmoshphere to live up to our slogan of Live-Give-Relax.Offering great food and good company in a cozy setting.
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I like the Cubano sandwich, and in Falmouth it was spicier than in Onset. It's a good local spot, average to good food, and good people. Lots of fun for 20-30 year-olds. They have lots of events for that crowd.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

For lunch, I was pretty starving so I decided to go with the "Ozzy" burger. I was happy it came prepared medium as I requested, but the outside was seared burnt and there was little taste to the meat itself. With a little mental effort, I was able to focus on the stuff piled on the burger instead. I guess I didn't know what truffle tasted like since I thought it was like eating bitter dirt on the fries. It's kind of the same way I feel about broccoli rabe though I understand everybody has a different palate. Fortunately, I could drown the fries in ketchup to cover up the gross taste.

The guy at the bar was decidedly more interested in whatever paperwork he was doing but certainly not obnoxious. The service seemed a bit slow given there was nobody else there.

I realize I maybe should have tried the seafood instead but I just had my fill the day prior so I thought I would try something else. I though the place itself was casual and cool enough. Overall, my experience did not live up to the positive reviews, and I doubt I would go back.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

We went to Quahog with 8 people based on rave reviews here and on Yelp. Most of the food was pretty good - fried cod & chips, pasta, pork sliders were very good. I'm not sure why people raved about the lobster roll. Yes, it had a lot of lobster, but the lobster was kind of tough and didn't have much flavor except for the lemon I squeezed on.

Though we liked the dive bar, nautical atmosphere, we found the loud TVs kind of annoying.

I would try it again as there aren't so many good restaurants in Falmouth.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

It seems to me, been in the cape all week and it's the first place to give me such crappy service, not only was the service bad the waitress refused my ID (first thought it was a joke cause i'm well above the age of 21) than ask for another form(gave her my Military ID) than still didn't believe my valid forms of ID was enough. Had to speak to the manager and show him yet another form just to get a drink totally put me off. I highly doubt I would have received this service If I was white. Than the waitress said a half hour later that it was just her and she didn't think it was me

Sadly a Big fail

1  Thank MichaelQuincy
Tom H, Owner at Quahog Republic Dive Bar, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2012

I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I can assure you that the color of your skin has nothing to do with the service we provide! We have a responsibility to our customers, our business, and the state to I.D. customers that we do not know. Our server did the right thing by questioning your I.D. and checking with the bar manager, especially if it was out of state. Personally, I am well above the legal age and have also had my I.D. checked in the very area I own a restaurant! Try to Live-Give and Relax!!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Best lobster roll ever! Chowder was great too! Nice red skinned potatoes and great flavor with applewood smoked bacon! Lots of specialty drinks on menu; Mai tai was super! Fun atmosphere with lots of beach type decor, bar-like setting

1  Thank Jendoug