“Good, but not great”

Quahog Republic Dive Bar
Ranked #32 of 164 Restaurants in Falmouth
Dining options: Late Night
Description: The Quahog Republic Dive Bar offers "wicked good eats" and serves a full menu till 12:30am nightly. Try the famous Aussie or Island Burger, Stuffed Quahog, Quahog Chowder and the very popular crunchy cod Fish and Chips. Sample a frozen drink, fresh squeezed cocktail or one of the 10 beers on tap. Our Bloody Mary, garnished with bacon, has become an instant classic! Events and entertainment are always happeing at the Dive Bar. Friendly feel good atmoshphere to live up to our slogan of Live-Give-Relax.Offering great food and good company in a cozy setting.
Greenwich, CT
“Good, but not great”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

We went to Quahog with 8 people based on rave reviews here and on Yelp. Most of the food was pretty good - fried cod & chips, pasta, pork sliders were very good. I'm not sure why people raved about the lobster roll. Yes, it had a lot of lobster, but the lobster was kind of tough and didn't have much flavor except for the lemon I squeezed on.

Though we liked the dive bar, nautical atmosphere, we found the loud TVs kind of annoying.

I would try it again as there aren't so many good restaurants in Falmouth.

• Visited July 2012

Quincy
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Not minority friendly atmosphere”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

It seems to me, been in the cape all week and it's the first place to give me such crappy service, not only was the service bad the waitress refused my ID (first thought it was a joke cause i'm well above the age of 21) than ask for another form(gave her my Military ID) than still didn't believe my valid forms of ID was enough. Had to speak to the manager and show him yet another form just to get a drink totally put me off. I highly doubt I would have received this service If I was white. Than the waitress said a half hour later that it was just her and she didn't think it was me

Sadly a Big fail

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank MichaelQuincy
Tom H, Owner at Quahog Republic Dive Bar, responded to this review, August 11, 2012
I'm sorry that you feel that way, but I can assure you that the color of your skin has nothing to do with the service we provide! We have a responsibility to our customers, our business, and the state to I.D. customers that we do not know. Our server did the right thing by questioning your I.D. and checking with the bar manager, especially if it was out of state. Personally, I am well above the legal age and have also had my I.D. checked in the very area I own a restaurant! Try to Live-Give and Relax!!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, fun atmosphere!”
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Best lobster roll ever! Chowder was great too! Nice red skinned potatoes and great flavor with applewood smoked bacon! Lots of specialty drinks on menu; Mai tai was super! Fun atmosphere with lots of beach type decor, bar-like setting

1 Thank Jendoug
Boston, MA
“Best lobster roll EVER”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

We were on a mission to find the best lobster roll in town, and I think we found the best lobster roll ever.

Very reasonably priced ($22 I think...), tons of lobster meat (big claws), light mayo on a toasted, buttered hot dog bun with a side of Cape Cod potato chips. You just cant get better than that. There was so much lobster meat that my wife couldnt finish, which was awesome for me.

The bartenders were great, cool atmosphere, but it loses some of its charm because it is in a strip mall. Other than that, it was perfect.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Bos2n
“Great little place!”
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

After eating out all weekend we were looking for some place different. Found this place thanks to trip advisor and were not disappointed!! As others have reported since it was off Main Street it wasn't over crowded nor was there a wait. We got there late grabbed ourselves a seat and were quickly greeted. The menu is basically appetizers and sandwiches, all of which looked good. We ended up with a quahog chowder and Parmesan fries to start. Both were very good. The fries had a great flavor! We both got sandwiches. They were very good and at a reasonable price, especially compared to other local places. We both had bottled beer and for $4 each we couldnt complain. The bartender/waiter was great- extremely attentive funny and very helpful with questions. We hung out for awhile watched the Sox game and just enjoyed the bar. It has a local dive bar feel but very upbeat as well. We will certainly be back next time we are in the area!

1 Thank PMW813