“Excellent food, Excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Landucci italia - CLOSED

Landucci italia
Cuisines: Italian, American, Steakhouse, Seafood, Wine Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Dairy Queen
“Excellent food, Excellent service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

This past weekend my husband and I visited Landucci Italia, as we had read many reviews on TripAdvisor. We decided to come to Falmouth for a weekend getaway and made an excellent choice choosing to come here for dinner. We were seated by a friendly host. Our waitress, Erin, introduced herself and explained the menu as we had not been there before. We appreciated her knowledge and menu suggestions. I had the Salmon Macadamia and my husband had Chicken Parm. Both were so delicious! Erin had explained the Salmon dishes were very good. We were too full to have dessert, but we enjoyed everything. Erin was wonderful. She was attentive, knowledgeable and went out of her way to make sure our dining experience was excellent. We will be back next time we are in town!

Rindge, New Hampshire
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2014

Well, we happen to stay at the nearby Red Horse Inn (which was great) and saw Landucci's sign, so we stopped in. What wonderful luck to end up there! The meal was great, and our waitress, Val, made us feel as if the were waiting for us to arrive. Great Italian food, great wines, great service. Next time we'll actually plan to eat there!

1 Thank RunDood
East Greenwich, Rhode Island
“Very good food but we were NOT made to feel welcome”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2014

We were visiting Falmouth (beginning 4/1/14) & I did my homework regarding where to dine during our time there. I read the reviews on here regarding Landucci Italia and especially a waitress named Claudine, and hoped that our experience would be like those descriptions. It was far from it. We arrived in Falmouth on a Tuesday and I left a message at the restaurant about wanting a reservation (they were only open beginning Thursday of that week). We got a call back & made the reservation for 6 p.m. on Thursday. When we arrived, there were maybe two to three tables of people seated in the whole restaurant, none of which had more than 2 people at them. Our waitress was Erin. She brought us to our table & I told her we had made a reservation in case it was important that she check our names off (even though there was hardly anyone there). She said there was no need. She took our drink order. We waited about 10 minutes for water & a glass of wine. We asked about getting some bread, saying we were quite hungry (it was served with the oil as described by others, which was, indeed, delicious). We waited another 10 minutes for that. She introduced herself a second time, saying she didn't recall whether she gave us her name. She said she normally didn't bring bread out until the people ordered. We ordered an antipasto. It was very good, but Erin never came back to check on us and we could have used more dressing. My boyfriend's water glass was re-filled once and only because he asked for his to be re-filled (but she did not re-fill mine). There was a couple there who we could overhear, talking about it being their 53rd anniversary. It seemed that they were known by the staff. Erin was taking care of them, too, and spent time standing over there. People came out of the kitchen & sat at that table. We almost felt as if we shouldn't be there. When we left, we were the only ones there besides that couple. No one went out of their way to talk to us or say goodbye or tell us to come again. We thought the red sauce was excellent, as was our chicken & veal parmesan orders. The bread was also delicious and seemingly homemade. But we felt ignored. It seemed like a private Italian dining club and not a restaurant. The dining experience was a great disappointment after reading all the reviews. It was my birthday dinner & we should have picked somewhere else to go as I guess it was only this one special couple's place to have an important evening out.

2 Thank Heidi M
Plymouth, Massachusetts
“Best Italian in Falmouth”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

Staying in Woods Hole - off season doesn't have much. A short trip into Falmouth and Landucci Italia is the place! We went on March 29 and had the best experience in a long time. We had Claudine as our server and she was wonderful explaining the different meals as we asked our questions. Gave my husband good advice when the Osso Bucco was sold out on what would meet his taste. (Serves us right for going so late on a Saturday night). What she suggested was right on. I was looking for seafood and the shrimp scamp was the best I've had and way too much for 1 meal. Take home is the answer and it was wonderful the next night too.
We were watch over to make sure we were happy. A nice enjoyable meal with no pressure to finish. This is my kind of place.
We live in Plymouth, MA and we've added them to where we want to go as it's really not so far to travel for a fabulous meal and super service.

We'll be back to enjoy!

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Audrey W
Loudon, New Hampshire
“My recent visit”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2014

We had dinner at this restaurant on March 22nd. The food quality was lacking as the appetizer came to us burnt. But in the restaurant's favor they replaced it and did much better the second time. The food portion was very good but my it lacked flavor. It tasted better after I brought home the leftovers and spiced it up. Would I recommend this restaurant; probably not, unless you like quantity vs. quality.

• Visited March 2014