We returned recently from a wonderful 6 day stay at the Palmer House Inn in Falmouth, Massachusetts where 4 of us stayed in its 2 bedroom Secluded Cottage. Pat and Bill, the innkeepers, were friendly and helpful but unobtrusive. The Inn is immaculate and is tastefully decorated in a Victorian style.
The cottage had a private entrance and was across the driveway from the main house. We were surprised that it had a private patio which was surrounded by large greenery which made the cottage all the more secluded; we sipped our coffee outside and felt as if we had our own home. Inside were two bedrooms, a parlour, and 1 bath. The beds were so comfortable that we asked Pat and Bill where they purchase the mattresss and the goose-down pillows. The master bedroom had a whirlpool. Each day the likewise unobtrusive staff kept the cottage neat and clean.
They offered a delicious breakfast every morning from 8 to 9:30. Every afternoon beginning at 3:00 there were cookies and juice or iced tea for guests to enjoy. We relaxed on the front porch, reading in their rocking chairs. (The inn-keepers think of everything. In their parlour were post cards with stamps already affixed to them!)
The Inn was perfectly located for our getaway. It had ready access to mainstreet in Falmouth which is a place for familes to stroll. Main Street's shops and restaurants had a local feel. The beach at Falmouth Heights is less than 10 minutes away from the Palmer House Inn. (Pat and Bill provide guests with beach towels each day.) We found this beach perfect for our needs -- with white sand that we could walk on and no commercial establishments near it.
We also took the fast boat to Nantucket from Hyannis (which is only a 20 minute drive from the Inn).
The Inn had bikes and helmets (on a first-come, first-served basis). We biked for the first time in years down a 3-mile path that led to the old boating and whaling town Woods Hole. While we didn't go to Martha's Vineyard this time, Woods Hole is where the ferries dock for that trip.
Bill and Pat provided us with sound recommendations of restaurants along with a coupon for one of their recommendations.
The stay at the Palmer House Inn surpassed our expectations. We are already planning to go back next year!
Joan and Flip
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built at the turn of the century, the Queen Anne style B & B and adjacent Guest House reflect the gentility, charm and romantic elegance of the Victorian Age. This romantic bed and breakfast is in Falmouth's Historic District, a quiet residential area of tree lined streets, picket fences, colorful gardens, and elegant homes. Beautiful beaches, quaint shops, ferry shuttles and excellent restaurants are only a short stroll from our Cape Cod Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Priceline so you can book your Palmer House Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Palmer House Hotel Falmouth
- Palmer House Inn Falmouth, MA - Cape Cod