“Cape Cod at its best”
Review of Palmer House Inn

Palmer House Inn
Ranked #5 of 9 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The Palmer House Inn is setting the standard for innkeeping. Charming rooms, excellent breakfasts, very nice toiletries, attentive service--all in a beautiful setting in Falmouth, MA. Walking distance to shops and restaurants in town. Great base of operations being closer to Boston for easy coming and going. We easily explored the whole cape from here before moving on up the coast to Maine. We stayed in the Samuel Langhorne Clemens room in the carriage house and just loved it. All the rooms are named for authors and feature their books in the room-- a very nice touch I thought.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
PalmerHouseInn, Owner at Palmer House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Dear Pesca 7, We are happy that you enjoyed staying at our inn. Falmouth is a wonderful little town and as you mentioned, because it is centrally located it is a great place to make as a hub for exploring the entire area. Thank you for the fantastic review, Bill & Pat

Reviewed October 8, 2012

We have come to the Palmer House Inn for the past six years and it only gets better each year. There is nothing more one could ask from a B & B. The rooms are large, the beds are marvelous and the bathrooms showers are the best with the thickest, softest towels you will find anywhere. The breakfasts are always special, served in the sun-filled dining room. The walk to town past the Town Green is lovely, and we always enjoy the Falmouth's shops and restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear HastingsHa, It is always a pleasure to host you. Over the years we have become friends. We look forward to visiting with you and catching up on your latest travels and adventures. We look forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Bill & Pat

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Friends and I stayed here a few years ago but it still holds a special place in my heart (I couldn't choose the correct date below for our visit so I went with the oldest date offered). The innkeepers were kind and welcoming and offered suggestions about restaurants to try in town- all within walking distance! The next day we took the ferry to Martha's Vineyard and enjoyed a lovely afternoon touring the island. Our breakfasts at the Inn were always delicious and the baked apple with oatmeal was amazing. They also have a cookbook and other souvenirs so you can bring the Inn home with you. I'm very much looking forward to going back again in the near future.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
PalmerHouseInn, Owner at Palmer House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2012

It is always wonderful to host you and your pals. They are definitely some of our favorite people. We are happy that you had a good visit and hope that you will come again soon. Always, Bill & Pat

Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was our second time staying at the Palmer House Inn and as always it was wonderful. The owners Bill & Pat were very helpful in suggestion on where to eat and what to do. The breakfast was fantastic! The Inn definitely makes you hold other B & B's to a higher standard. It was extremely clean and the staff was friendly. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in the Henry James room (the penthouse) and it was beautiful. The jacuzzi tub and the king...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Marcia H, Thank you for the excellent review. We are pleased that you enjoyed our breakfasts. During our first year as innkeepers, we decided to serve good old fashioned New England style breakfasts. I guess that we are doing the right thing because guests seem to enjoy our meals. Thanks for staying with us and consider a winter getaway to the Cape. The Falmouth Shops and restaurants are open all year and the Palmer House Inn will provide you with a warm cozy place to stay. Sincerely, Bill & Pat

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We found this b&b to be way above the standard. The attention to details was phenonemonal. The room and house were immaculate. The breakfasts were wonderful. Bill and Pat were very friendly but not intrusive. The residence is within easy walking distance to town. I will be recommending this to all our friends and family. We hope to be able to return often.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
PalmerHouseInn, Owner at Palmer House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2012

Dear Allen K, We hope that you will be able to return also. Consider a winter or spring getaway. We will be having a series of Italian and Mexican cooking class weekends during the slow season. The shops and restaurants are open on Main street and we would enjoy seeing you. Always, Bill & Pat

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Fantastic stay. My family and I have always found ourselves in Falmouth in the fall and winter when we have stayed at the Palmer House. Those visit were wonderful as well, but this year we came in June to enjoy the Cape in the busy season.

As always Bill an Pat were wonderfully accommodating with the children. We stayed in the cottage which has a separate bedroom for the kids, and a private porch and garden. The private accommodations made us feel as though we were not imposing on the rest of the guests with our kids.

Although an older building the cottage has been newly spruced up and is very comfortable. The refrigerator was great for keeping our own food and snacks, which we ate at the table in the indoor sitting area or on the porch outside.

The breakfasts were delicious and the wait staff was helpful with the children. For my picky eater there was always yogurt, toast, and cereal available.

Bill and Pat are great resources as well for everything from where to get the best lobster roll , pint, view, beach, and especially where to take the kids on a rainy day.

We will definitely be back to this wonderfully run B&B.

Thanks to Bill and Pat

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Dear Deirdre, It was a pleasure to host you and your lovely family at our inn. The Cottage is the perfect accommodation for a family. Most guests who stay there enjoy the privacy of a separate building and the convenience of being close to the main inn for breakfast and afternoon refreshments. We are looking forward to your next visit. Sincerely, Bill & Pat

Reviewed September 15, 2012

The location is great but I couldn't tell you about the rooms. My husband and I did a last minute trip to Falmouth for a couple of days and decided to go without reservations. I had a few places in mind but wanted to see the rooms in person and since it was mid week in mid September I was sure we could find a room. I had read the reviews about Palmer House so wanted to check it out. Unfortunately we were told we couldn't see the available rooms as a courtesy to the guests. I've never heard of such a thing. It was around noon and the weather was beautiful so I doubt many quests were even at the hotel. I wasn't asking to see an occupied room just the one that we were considering. So although I didn't actually stay at The Palmer House I feel I have to add my experience.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Pamela_CT
PalmerHouseInn, Owner at Palmer House Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

Dear Pamela_CT, It appears that you are accusing me of being considerate of our guests. I plead guilty as charged. Our registered guests privacy and comfort is paramount to us at the Palmer House Inn. Bill & Pat O'Connell

Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Inn on the Square
Captain's Manor Inn
Captain's Manor Inn
#1 of 9 in Falmouth
Captain Tom Lawrence House Inn

Been to Palmer House Inn? Share your experiences!