“Not so good...”

Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
NY
“Not so good...”
Reviewed August 18, 2008

This is your basic motel. They have no cots and the beds are uncomfortable. The hotel is old and outdated to say the least. We stayed there one night before taking the ferry to MV and it was good for that. The complimentary breakfast was good according to my husband that walked by it.

• Liked — Location is very convenient
  • Disliked — old motel
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
New York
Reviewed July 18, 2008

The hotel was reasonably clean and conveniently located with a pretty fair amount of space however it had a few very noticeable problems. My family and I booked a "townhouse" for 3 nights so that we could tour Cape Cod, and though the room looked like the photos online, we were surprised to find that it was a loft that was located up a flight of stairs with no elevator. Though it was not that difficult to bring all our luggage up to the second floor and then up the spiral staircase, it was certainly not what we were expecting. Once we inspected the room, we realized that the closet doors were broken, two lights were out and the advertised wireless internet was not working. Despite complaining to the front desk several times none of these problems was fixed during our 4 day stay. Finally, we were given the choice to move rooms (after lugging all our luggage around) or to change the light bulb ourselves. My father offered to change the light bulb himself and was given a key to an empty neighboring room so that he could borrow their working light bulb.
The only staff members that were remotely helpful were the couple who worked together at night (we didn't catch their names). They were very helpful when the tape player provided by the hotel ate our VHS from Blockbuster. Instead of giving the standard "we'll call someone" answer, they immediately took apart the tape player and removed the tape. All the other staff members we encountered during our stay declined to be remotely helpful and honestly did not seem to care.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — The staff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Travelers are raving about these Falmouth hotels

hartford, ct
Reviewed June 16, 2008

Just back from a weekend at the Admiralty Inn in Falmouth. The first thing I noticed was a musty smell about the room but the room was clean. In fact the carpet was new and tile in bathroom was new as well. We were there for an AAU basketball tournament with the entire team. The kids enjoyed the pools both inside and out. The staff was very helpful. Would I stay there for a week's vacation? Probably not. If you need a place to stay on the Cape it's not so bad. Keep in mind that the hotel is on Rt. 28 so getting out into traffic is always an adventure.

• Liked — Pools
  • Disliked — Musty smell about the room
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank whalerfan
Massachusetts
Reviewed February 24, 2008

We have gone to the admiralty inn three times now. We liked the off season prices and the size of the rooms. So after each time we stayed there we would hope that the next time the little "problems" would get fixed.

Let's start with what I liked about it:

1. location - great cape cod location!!

2. Size of the room - we have stayed in the larger rooms with a loft with a bedroom w/ jacuzzi tub.

3. Price - the off season prices are awesome for the area and size of the rooms.

Next we will go with the things we did not like:

1. Cleanliness - the rooms are not cleaned properly. We had mildew, dirt, grime throughout the room. The walls had stains and the comforter had so many stains we were afraid to use it.

2. Pool - the pool had so many chemicals in it my eyes burned for two days.

3. Breakfast - the free breakfast was horrible. Cereal, old bagels, and bread.

4. Walls - the walls between the rooms are so thin that we could hear the people talking in the next room.

5. Leaks - the jacuzzi tub in the loft leaks and then you have water pouring out from the light fixtures on the lower level.

6. Bathrooms - they were so dirty we wanted to clean them ourselves before we used them

In closing I do not want to sound like a miserable person and I do try to overlook a lot of things, but there are just some things that I cannot ignore.

• Liked — The locataion
  • Disliked — The cleanliness of the room
  • Stayed February 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank cplspafford
Worcester, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 2, 2008

I am writing this review because I see some bad reviews. First of all my husband and I go here every year for our anniversary (prior to getting married) . We love to go to ocean in the winter because it is so beautiful. So far we have gone three times and I am going to book a fourth this week. The rooms are big (king jacuzzi suite) and from what we noticed clean. Of course If things have changed I will do an update review but at least the past three years. The ocean is a ride away but it's no big deal only a couple blocks. During the winter there is no traffic. We have never used their pool because we get a jacuzzi suite. The management has been helpful in giving us directions etc. For the price, you really can't complain.

• Liked — The jacuzz, the privacy and the price
  • Disliked — Wish the jacuzzi was bigger but still a good size.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
Falmouth
Reviewed December 2, 2007

We were their for Thanksgiving, and our grandparents go evryone in the family rooms. The town houses were nice. A jucuzzi in the upstairs and a shower in the down stairs. To get to the upstairs part of the room, their were 70s style metal winding staircase. request not to have his kind of room if you have small kids. The pool was nice, hot tub was relaxing and the continental breakfast was pretty good. it may ned to have more changes to its chioices. The hotel just needed to be renovated, but when think about how they should redo it, you draw a blank. But if you want a nice family new england vacation, stay here!

• Liked — pool,breakfest, spacious room
  • Disliked — he beach is a car ride away.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
Mass
Reviewed October 9, 2007

We were at a wedding in Falmouth over weekend. We decided to stay an extra night and found the Admiral. It was horrible, checked in Sunday night and our toilet in bathroom was running, and I called to get couple extra pillows they told me that I could have 1 and I had to go get it myself. I told them about toilet and that I was going to dinner. I got back around 9pm and still the toilet was running. They moved me to another room, which I had to go to front desk and get the key myself. It was horrible, I wish I could somehow get my money back!! Do not stay there if need more info. call my cell [-]

Matt