“We go every year!!!”

Ranked #18 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Worcester, Massachusetts
“We go every year!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2008

I am writing this review because I see some bad reviews. First of all my husband and I go here every year for our anniversary (prior to getting married) . We love to go to ocean in the winter because it is so beautiful. So far we have gone three times and I am going to book a fourth this week. The rooms are big (king jacuzzi suite) and from what we noticed clean. Of course If things have changed I will do an update review but at least the past three years. The ocean is a ride away but it's no big deal only a couple blocks. During the winter there is no traffic. We have never used their pool because we get a jacuzzi suite. The management has been helpful in giving us directions etc. For the price, you really can't complain.

• Liked — The jacuzz, the privacy and the price
  • Disliked — Wish the jacuzzi was bigger but still a good size.
  • Stayed January 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Falmouth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2007

We were their for Thanksgiving, and our grandparents go evryone in the family rooms. The town houses were nice. A jucuzzi in the upstairs and a shower in the down stairs. To get to the upstairs part of the room, their were 70s style metal winding staircase. request not to have his kind of room if you have small kids. The pool was nice, hot tub was relaxing and the continental breakfast was pretty good. it may ned to have more changes to its chioices. The hotel just needed to be renovated, but when think about how they should redo it, you draw a blank. But if you want a nice family new england vacation, stay here!

• Liked — pool,breakfest, spacious room
  • Disliked — he beach is a car ride away.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business
Mass
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2007

We were at a wedding in Falmouth over weekend. We decided to stay an extra night and found the Admiral. It was horrible, checked in Sunday night and our toilet in bathroom was running, and I called to get couple extra pillows they told me that I could have 1 and I had to go get it myself. I told them about toilet and that I was going to dinner. I got back around 9pm and still the toilet was running. They moved me to another room, which I had to go to front desk and get the key myself. It was horrible, I wish I could somehow get my money back!! Do not stay there if need more info. call my cell [-]

Matt

• Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Travelers are raving about these Falmouth hotels

Boston, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2007

Went to a wedding on Cape Cod, MA this past weekend 9/30/07. We checked in on Sat. 9/29 and out on Mon. 10/1. This hotel looked ok on line and was the third recommendation from the wedding party's suggested hotel list. What a disappointment. We had so much mold in the bathroom (a huge trigger for my asthma!) that my husband had to go to a late night store and buy clorox and treat this shower before we would dare use it. (No tub in the room) The ceiling tiles were all stained in the bathroom and were warped and open to the ceiling above them. The sink porcelain was cracked and the stopper could close all the way to hold any water in it. There was a 4-6 inch space between the sink base and the shower base and there was so much dirt and debris in it - it was appalling. The toilet paper holder fell out of the wall as it was screwed in incorrectly. In the main room there were stained carpets, on a "kitchen type" cabinet area there was a coffee maker but the outlet did not work - not after hitting the reset not after trying other appliances, etc. We also tried to reset the bathroom plug in case they were on the same line but that worked ok. There was a bag of coffee but no sugar, cream or utensils anywhere. The paper towel holder had about 3-4 towels on it and it also fell out of the wall when you pulled on a towel. There were plastic cups only (bedroom and bathroom). Chairs at a table in bedroom were so wobbly that we were truly afraid to sit on them. My husband almost fell off one the first time he sat in it because it moved all over the place almost tipping over. We were in a "no smoking" room but there were burn holes throughout the comforters on each queen bed. The mattresses were so uncomfortable - we pulled up the sheets to see if they were old and they were definitely on the older side and dingy looking - not bright and fresh. The refrigerator had to be unplugged as it made an awful loud humming noise. The ironing board and iron was strange - the iron was attached to the board (theft prevention) and it made it difficult to iron a long dress that had some travel wrinkles. The room had an overall musty smell and we bought some room freshener so we could tolerate the two nights there. We had so many people to see and many activities that we did not have time to change our hotel and we had a penalty clause anyway that would not refund our money if cancelling more than 7 days in advance. (Typical on Cape Cod, especially over a weekend.) We cannot recommend this hotel even though the desk attendant was earnestly listening when we checked out and had a list of our problem in our room. He was gracious in giving us one night refund and we appreciated it but when I checked in to Trip Advisor today I see that this has been a problem with this property for a long time. I would say stay away until they change for the better or sell the property to someone who doesn't want to do little and charge a lot.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Moldy, dirty, bad furniture, holes in bedding
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
Archer, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2007

My Wife and I decided at the last minute during the weekend after Labor Day to go down to Cape Cod and see if we could find someplace to stay. We were able to get a room at The Admiralty Inn for Saturday night. We were offered a king smoking room with a jacuzzi tub (see pic) or a non-smoking townhouse with a smaller jacuzzi. We were interested in the larger jacuzzi, so we accepted the smoking room. After I mentioned that my Wife and I weren't smokers, but willing to take the smoking room anyway, the desk clerk told me that she would have house-keeping pay extra attention to deoderizing the room that morning so that we would be comfortable. When we arrived, we went to our room and although you could smell the smoking rooms in the hallway, our room was deoderized quite well and we could barely tell that anyone had ever smoked in the room. The TV picture was blurry to the point that you couldn't read credits for a show. The only ice machine in the building is by the front desk, so that was a bit of a walk from our room. The room was neglected in the way of repairs to worn out items. There were several places where the carpet was torn up (see pic) and there were burn spots on the bathroom floor in the floor covering and several burn spots on the carpet in the room. Also the bathroom wasn't as clean as we would like (old soap chips up on the ledge in the shower) but we didn't complain about it, so we can't really complain about the response. The Jacuzzi was very nice and worked as it should. Excellent water pressure throughout the room. We did not partake in the breakfast buffet. The bed was a bit firm for our tastes, but it was in good shape. The room we were in had a hallway entrance and a second entrance that led out to the pool. We didn't go in the pool, but from what we could see it was in great shape and had lots of people in and around it. There is also and indoor pool that had lots of people in it too and it also appeared to be in good shape. The free internet requires a password that you have to call the front desk to obtain. The doors have very quiet hydraulic closers on them that keep them from slamming which is great because slamming doors all night isn't good. All in all, we occupied the room for less than 20 hours and we feel like for 160 dollars, the room could have been in better repair, but we would stay there again if necessary. It's very "motel-ish" but not too bad if that's what you go in there expecting. I'm sure that the staff would have done what they could about the shower and the TV if we would have complained, but we prefer to adapt rather than complain so that's why there is nothing about the staff response in this review.

• Liked — The Jacuzzi
  • Disliked — The disrepair of the room
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled as a couple
Boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2007

Only reason we stayed here is because they allow for a one night stay whereas most hotels require a two-night stay.

Hotel room reaked of smoke from the previous guests. There was an empty pack of Marlboro reds in the trash when we arrived in the room. Poor cleaning job of the bathroom as well. Dirty wash clothes were left in the shower. The television in the room also was not the best. When you turned it on it sounded as if it might explode at any moment.

Overall, I would say don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2007

Overpriced room that was in disrepair. Torn wallpaper, big gouge in the molding along the floor, thin little pillows, one lamp didn't work. Mirror was discolored.

Very noisy pipes. Poor lighting. Ceiling had water stains on it.

What else can be said. See photos.

Oh Yeah, continental breakfast was limited to stale bread and lousy coffee. Not an egg to be seen.

I honestly saw better barracks rooms in the Army.

• Liked — I left