“Best place for a wedding on the cape. No question about it”
Review of Coonamessett Inn

Coonamessett Inn
Ranked #9 of 9 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Niskayuna, New York
“Best place for a wedding on the cape. No question about it”
Reviewed August 20, 2013

My wife and I were married here August 18, 2012. We had a small wedding, about 70 people. We had made plans to have an outdoor ceremony and of course it poured rain about 5 minutes before we were to start seating people. Brad and Jim (The 2 managers) set us up inside in no time like it was planned all along! We had a fantastic ceremony, and then everyone went down stairs for the reception. We had our own bartender down there and passed Hors D'oeuvre's were served... All I have to say is Bacon... wrapped... scallops! I had about a dozen and they were fantastic! Anyways everyone who was there is STILL talking about how amazing the food was. We had a choice of stuffed shrimp and a Filet, both were amazing and they came out all at once! People were commenting that both entree's tasted as good as something you would order at a top notch restaurant, but served all together. We just returned to the Inn this past weekend to Celebrate our first year anniversary. Jim and Brad still remembered us and treated us like royalty. This place is expensive but you pay for what you get. The beds are huge and super comfortable, the rooms are spacious, and the staff is amazing down to the bartenders and servers. We'll be back next year and for each anniversary to come.

BTW We visited about 20 locations all around Cape Cod from Truro to Dennisport to Orleans. This place blew us away and it wasn't the most expensive option either.

Room Tip: We have stayed in 2 suites and 2 rooms, they're all good.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Here for a conference which was excellent. Food was wonderful. Employees very nice and pleasant. Guest services helpful. Rooms are clean but very, and I mean very, tired and old. Window air conditioners. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank fmulvey
United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are good size with a sitting room. Everything was clean and orderly when we arrived. The
Bathroom needs to be upgraded. There was a faint smell in it. Overall there was nothing wrong and what I expect from a typical cape inn. I would probably keep this on my list to stay next time.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank jake2771
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed July 1, 2013

We recently stayed at the Inn for a wedding. The function room was beautiful, but the rest of the property was very tired. Some areas smelled musty, the building exteriors were run down, and the beds were uncomfortable. For the price of the rooms, we expected a higher quality accommodation.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Mic S
Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Got married at this place 4 years ago and people still talk about the time they had. Just spent a night for our anniversary for a cool 300 and it's not our first time going back. Don't mind spending it because the wife and I love(d) the place and the staff (who remembered us even from 4 years ago.) I'm writing this because it's prob the last time we'll be going back. While going to check out I had unintentionally blocked the horseshoe in front of the office when a hotshot pulls up in in His Porsche convertible...sir you can't block this way the fire department says so. Valid concern right? I agree but I walked by and told him I was pretty sure Porsche provided reverse on their vehicles because I felt there was plenty of room to get by me and he was telling me bull because once I moved up he pulled right around me. I went in and paid my due when I catch Mr. Hotshot walking in.. young man Porsche's do come with reverse but I'm the owner here.... after that he could have resorted to blah blah blah because I was done after hearing the I'm the owner thing. The story doesn't show how it grossly everything went down but I am not one to write a review (positive or negative)or allow the actions of another to affect me but after spending the money that I have there from A 200 person wedding to the nights we have starts there after and dinners and drinks paid for I thought it was important to point out a D...here. We can have a 400 dollar night anywhere and unfortunately for us and the Coonamessit it most likely won't be at there again.

• Stayed June 2013
8 Thank Dsquad
Malden, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding taking place at the Inn. Our room was beautiful, bed was comfortable, grounds are very pretty (pond, bunnies, flowers, greenery, etc). Staff was welcoming and gracious. Food was excellent. Venue for the wedding was outstanding. The only downside was the restaurant opened at 8:00 a.m. I'm an early riser, there was no coffee maker in the room and the main inn doors are locked until 8:00 a.m. All and all, we had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our room's shower head did not work.Inside the room there is a red lighted Exit sign which could not be turned off.The towels were dirty when we entered the room. In addition the vacuuming and floor mopping during breakfast was unacceptable. When I advised management
of our dissatisfaction when we were checking out, they were unconcerned. No apology- just so what. Because of management's attitude we would recommend travelers to avoid this inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple