“Love this place but the owner just pulled the I'm the owner card from his porsche” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Coonamessett Inn

Coonamessett Inn
Ranked #9 of 9 Falmouth B&B and Inns
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Got married at this place 4 years ago and people still talk about the time they had. Just spent a night for our anniversary for a cool 300 and it's not our first time going back. Don't mind spending it because the wife and I love(d) the place and the staff (who remembered us even from 4 years ago.) I'm writing this because it's prob the last time we'll be going back. While going to check out I had unintentionally blocked the horseshoe in front of the office when a hotshot pulls up in in His Porsche convertible...sir you can't block this way the fire department says so. Valid concern right? I agree but I walked by and told him I was pretty sure Porsche provided reverse on their vehicles because I felt there was plenty of room to get by me and he was telling me bull because once I moved up he pulled right around me. I went in and paid my due when I catch Mr. Hotshot walking in.. young man Porsche's do come with reverse but I'm the owner here.... after that he could have resorted to blah blah blah because I was done after hearing the I'm the owner thing. The story doesn't show how it grossly everything went down but I am not one to write a review (positive or negative)or allow the actions of another to affect me but after spending the money that I have there from A 200 person wedding to the nights we have starts there after and dinners and drinks paid for I thought it was important to point out a D...here. We can have a 400 dollar night anywhere and unfortunately for us and the Coonamessit it most likely won't be at there again.

• Stayed June 2013
8 Thank Dsquad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Malden, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Stayed here for 2 nights for a wedding taking place at the Inn. Our room was beautiful, bed was comfortable, grounds are very pretty (pond, bunnies, flowers, greenery, etc). Staff was welcoming and gracious. Food was excellent. Venue for the wedding was outstanding. The only downside was the restaurant opened at 8:00 a.m. I'm an early riser, there was no coffee maker in the room and the main inn doors are locked until 8:00 a.m. All and all, we had a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2013

Our room's shower head did not work.Inside the room there is a red lighted Exit sign which could not be turned off.The towels were dirty when we entered the room. In addition the vacuuming and floor mopping during breakfast was unacceptable. When I advised management
of our dissatisfaction when we were checking out, they were unconcerned. No apology- just so what. Because of management's attitude we would recommend travelers to avoid this inn.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Harvey S
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

Attended a wedding June 7,8 2013. Loved the all inclusive from the bridal suite to the cottage for the after party. The bridal party dressed here held the rehearsal party here including family and friends gathering both after rehearsal and the wedding night. Despite the event was held during tropical storm Andrea it was still an amazing and memorable time. The food was really good, best shrimps I ever tasted. Wedding wait staff was awesome! Overall 10+!!

• Stayed June 2013
Malden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2013

We attended our friends daughters wedding this past weekend and stayed for the weekend. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed the inn. The food was great, the accommodations were quite nice and very comfortable and the grounds were peaceful and relaxing! The staff was great and they seemed to enjoy the wedding as mucha s we did! The only thing missing in my eyes was a pool!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Donna R
Beaufort, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

This is a beautiful property with spacious rooms that are unique and beautiful. The grounds are well maintained and there's a pretty pond that the property overlooks. The owner and manager is very accommodating and friendly. There is one room (7) that's right next to a boiler room or something mechanical, and unfortunately there's a noise that sounds like someone is knocking on your wall every half hour. This continued throughout the night the first night I was there, so not much sleep! I mentioned it to the woman at checkout, but she just said "yes, there's something there" and didn't apologize about the inconvenience. The second night it was more intermittent, but they also chose to start tearing down a door right next to my room at 7 am. Luckily, I was already awake, but it would not have been considerate had I been asleep. But, a beautiful place and a good value! The food at the restaurant is decent and expensive for lunch but priced right for dinner. Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank BeaufortGirl
Falmouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 1, 2013

We had our daughter's wedding here in November 2012. The staff, the food, the venue, the planners were absolutely beyond. expectations. With almost 200 guests each meal was to perfection...could not recommend more highly. My wife and I eat there very often also.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank philipdz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Inn on the Square
#3 of 9 in Falmouth
Red Horse Inn - Falmouth
Red Horse Inn - Falmouth
#2 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Coonamessett Inn? Share your experiences!