Town and Beach Motel
  • Pool
Beach Breeze Inn(Falmouth)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewswithin walking distancegreat locationshops and restaurantsbeautiful flowersmartha's vineyardmain streetflat screen tvcape codmini fridgeplenty of hot waterplace to stayrooms are smallnight stayoffice staffrecommend staying herecomfortable bednice stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 28, 2010

I planned on staying at this motel before I had seen it, and I'm glad I didn't end up staying here! After I had made my reservation over the phone and the woman had already taken my credit card number, she rudly told me I had a "young voice" and demanded that I tell her how old I was. After I informed her that I was 19 she told me that I coulnt stay here unless I was 21. The woman hung up on me before I could explain to her that my boyfriend, who is in the military and at the cape for training, would be staying with me was 23. After I made a reservation at the mariner motel (which I would reccomend) I drove by this motel only to find a dirty run down place. I did not stay here but I can say that the people are RUDE and if the outside says anything about the place I would never stay here!!

2  Thank christinatravels2010
Reviewed September 2, 2009

We stayed here in an effort to save ourselves some money as we had back to back weddings in the area. The place was fine enough - we weren't expecting anything more than what we paid for. On Saturday morning, I discovered a dead bug in the bed. At the time I didn't know what it was and we were grossed out but brushed it off and moved on. Mistake number 2. Bed bug bites can take up 9 days to form on the skin so it wasn't until the following Monday that I started to show signs of having been bit - and my boyfriend a few days after that. Needless to say, we brought the little buggers back with us on our suitcase. They have infested our apartment, we haven't slept in a week, we have to hire an exterminator - it's a nightmare. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank willbean
townbeach, owner at Town and Beach Motel, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2009

We at the Town & Beach Motel take pride in our clean rooms. Being a "budget" motel with no amenities, location and clean rooms are all we can offer. Upon reading this "review" the room was inspected and nothing was found.
We have had no complaints prior to and after there departure.
I hope Tripadvisor customers read all the reviews and not just this one.

Reviewed September 19, 2008

I needed a room for Labor day weekend but after reading the review(smoking person) I wasnt sure about this place so I booked it for one night only.The rate was great and on a tight budget (gas prices) I needed something inexpensive. I ended up staying the whole weekend. The place was old, but clean.. I could walk to everything. The motel staff was very friendly and helpful.
They told me what were the best restaurants in town for people on a budget and which ones to avoid . I would stay here again ..The most important thing to me is clean rooms and this place had them.. The rooms were really cute too, that was a nice suprise...

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with friends
1  Thank gincon
Reviewed September 14, 2008

I had a number of family coming in for a wedding & we needed something close, low cost, that would be able to do 5 rooms. It is an older motel ( they told us this ahead of time) so we didn't expect the "Ritz". What we found were rooms that were clean, comfortable, kid & small dog friendly, and close to everything. We could park the car and walk to everywhere. The employees were terrific with my daughter, answered all our many querstions, and when confusion happened with 1 family member ( ending up at a motel with close to the same name) they released us from the charge for the room - which being on a VERY limited budget was truly appriciated. We would & will stay there again and have recommended it to other friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2008

I didn't even stay at this motel. I arrived from Martha's Vineyard around 12noon, and drove down to the motel. As soon as I got inside of the room, the terrible smell of smoking cigarettes filled my lungs. I looked around at the carpet, and noticed it had huge stains, the comforter had cigarette burns, full of holes. Everything looked it had not being taken care of for the past 20 years. The doorknob didn't work properly, and there wasn't exactly a way to lock the room safely. In the 10 minutes I stayed inside, a headache and nauseating feeling grew on me. I went straight back to the office to cancel my stay, and the owner or manager (she never introduced herself) wanted to charge me for my second night stay (which was more expensive because of the race weekend). I explained the reason why I was canceling, and she still insisted that she had the right to charge me, in a very rude manner. She was also charging prices of B&B for a place that is literally a dump ($145). One might wonder if Tarantino has ever used the place to film a killing scene! Worst experience ever!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled solo