New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Town and Beach Motel

Town and Beach Motel
Ranked #7 of 22 Hotels in Falmouth
New Jersey
“Great location with wonderful owners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

This motel has an excellent location...literally down the block from shops and restaurants. It is clean and well maintained. The mattress was firm and comfortable. The shower had great pressure. The best part of T&B, however, are the personable owners. We immediately felt as if they were truly glad to welcome us. They suggested an alternate ferry to Martha's Vineyard (within walking distance of the motel) and allowed us to leave our car in their parking lot so we would avoid a $15 parking fee at the ferry. It is obvious they take great pride in being hospitable to their guests. T&B is not a four-star accommodation, but our experience there was.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank SKNJ

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2014

The two ladies who run the motel were very friendly and have put some nice touches to the motel. It is very convenient for walking to the ferry for Martha's Vineyard (15-20 min walk).

However it comes down to a good night's sleep and an adequate bathroom. Once we learned the air conditioner had to be on the highest possible setting; we were able to cool the room. It is very noisy at this level so I had to alternate cooling enough to sleep and turning off the air conditioner to rest from the noise until it became too muggy again. (not a restful sleep)

Using my hair dryer blew the fuse shutting off everything and we lost the middle of our tv show we were watching. I went to bed with wet hair and had two days of "bad hair". The toilet seems to lean into the tub ( floor unlevel?). Also the toilet seat was not anchored properly which mgment had not known and they will look at it.

A lot of people smoke; however we were fortunate that our neighbors did not smoke. Parking is very tight, so once we parked our SUV, we did not move it until we left. It was possible to walk to restaurants.

It is an older property and once they fix the stains on the bath and sink, noisy air conditioner units, clean the mini blinds, it might be a cute nostalgia motel......but they just aren't there yet... in my opinion. I felt it was over priced for what we dealt with.

Room Tip: We were in the back room 18 so we only had neighbors on one side. You can hear your neighbors.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
    • 2 of 5 stars
      Rooms
1 Thank WaterviewSeeker
townbeach, Owner at Town and Beach Motel, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
I'm really not sure where to begin with this "review" I would first like to say it was unexpected but unfortunately after spending two days with this couple it was very expected. I can't address everything on this laundry list, but the most important issues are as fallows.
First, the A.C.s When you first checkin the rooms are warm and most people put the A.C.s on high to cool the room down, then turn to low to maintain the temp. I explained this to the couple however them must have misunderstood, so for that I am sorry.
Second, the beds. All our mattresses are brand new, most purchased at Boston Interiors and we have had no complaints, if anything we have had raves about the quality.
The bathrooms are older and i'm not sure what was meant by not being level. however the room was checked and everything seemed to be fine, form the "stained baths" to the" mini blinds".
I'm sorry this couple did not have a wonderful time as most of our guest do. We have stated repeatedly that we are a small family run motel, not a large resort. Please take the time to read all the reviews and we look forward to seeing you on Cape Cod.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We just returned from a much too short visit to the Cape. We enjoyed our stay so much at Town and Beach Motel that we are already planning our return for next summer !! The 2 very kind women (apologize for never asking your names ) who it seems run/own the motel are incredibly informative,down to earth and a pleasure to speak with. The motel is perfectly located,well kept,and a hidden gem. We had never been to Mass,or the Cape before...and we had a wonderful experience all around. Clean,just the right amenities....safe....ideal location. Couldn't have asked for better !!! See ya next year :)

Room Tip: The a/c was a bit noisy....so maybe that can be addressed going forward...and the well lit parking l...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last weekend with my girlfriend. We had to book online and only had the option for 2 beds, when we checked in we were asked I'd we would prefer a king bed since they had a cancelation. Very pleasant and friendly staff. The room was clean, pretty spacious for a motel and comfortable. We even got our own mini fridge as a part of the very reasonable rate. Looking forward to staying here next time we're on the Cape!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Webster, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

A great affordable very clean motel , upon opening the door to our room ; the smell of clean laundered linens , vinyl flooring ( no carpeting is a plus ) decor very pleasing , bathroom very clean all around a great place with great rates within walking distance to shopping , dining and beaches and cannot forget the staff , exceptional.

Room Tip: Park your car and leave it for your stay , walking convenience is exceptional ,
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

We loved our stay at Town and Beach! The staff at the front desk were very helpful and courteous. The rooms were clean, the price was great, and the location was right downtown. We could have walked to several restaurants had it not been raining.
My favorite part was the quirky details. There were lots of fixtures left over from the 60s or so, making it feel like a Madmen set. The door knocker, built-in wall tissue box, and built-in bottle opener added a lot of charm. The place was kept up well, though not a luxury hotel. Which, after all, wasn't what I was paying for. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank James_64234
Pompano Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2014

I loved my stay! This quaint motel has rooms with character and I appreciated that my room was spacious, clean and accomodating. The staff was very sincere, as I was there on family emergency. It is less than a five minute walk to downtown and I took advantage of that for my evening wine. The first restaurant you'll pass is a great Mexican restaurant. I was there alone and definately felt safe walking to downtown and at the motel. I do recommend for small families, couples or singles.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo