“Family type atmoshere, helpful, great location & people”

Town and Beach Motel
Ranked #6 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Falmouth
“Family type atmoshere, helpful, great location & people”
Reviewed September 14, 2008

I had a number of family coming in for a wedding & we needed something close, low cost, that would be able to do 5 rooms. It is an older motel ( they told us this ahead of time) so we didn't expect the "Ritz". What we found were rooms that were clean, comfortable, kid & small dog friendly, and close to everything. We could park the car and walk to everywhere. The employees were terrific with my daughter, answered all our many querstions, and when confusion happened with 1 family member ( ending up at a motel with close to the same name) they released us from the charge for the room - which being on a VERY limited budget was truly appriciated. We would & will stay there again and have recommended it to other friends and family.

• Liked — close to beach,ferry, shops plus it was clean & help was friendly,and was in our budget
  • Disliked — parking was available but tight, rooms clean & comfy but tubs (sinks ect.) were old.
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Belmont, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 7, 2008

I didn't even stay at this motel. I arrived from Martha's Vineyard around 12noon, and drove down to the motel. As soon as I got inside of the room, the terrible smell of smoking cigarettes filled my lungs. I looked around at the carpet, and noticed it had huge stains, the comforter had cigarette burns, full of holes. Everything looked it had not being taken care of for the past 20 years. The doorknob didn't work properly, and there wasn't exactly a way to lock the room safely. In the 10 minutes I stayed inside, a headache and nauseating feeling grew on me. I went straight back to the office to cancel my stay, and the owner or manager (she never introduced herself) wanted to charge me for my second night stay (which was more expensive because of the race weekend). I explained the reason why I was canceling, and she still insisted that she had the right to charge me, in a very rude manner. She was also charging prices of B&B for a place that is literally a dump ($145). One might wonder if Tarantino has ever used the place to film a killing scene! Worst experience ever!

• Liked — Nothing, it was terrible
  • Disliked — Everything, including the customer service
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank Bia08
Vermont
Reviewed August 1, 2008

We were going to Falmouth for a family wedding and looking for a clean and comfortable hotel that was convenient in Falmouth without breaking the pocket book. I found the Town and Beach Motel listed on the Cape Cod chamber of commerce website. I talked to Karen (the manager) numerous times and booked several rooms. The motel is old however the rooms are clean, comfortable beds and a great location. It is right on Main street so you have access to shops, restuarants and also a convenience store. There is a fire station across the street however they didn't use their sirens after 7:00 P.M. and until after 7:00 A.M. The staff was very accomodating and pleasant. If you want an affordable restaurant there is the Betsy's Diner which is across the street and within walking distance.

• Liked — location and price
  • Disliked — no pool
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family