“Very nice stay at the Town and Beach”

Town and Beach Motel
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed May 19, 2013

We stayed, with our dogs, for two nights in May. This is a very basic, clean motel, and it totally worked for us. We expected no-frills, but were very happy with the wi-fi, clean room, pet-friendliness, and people-friendliness of the place. The owner and her staff are more than willing to help get you oriented, recommend restaurants and offer directions. At the same time, you do not have to connect with them - helpful only if needed. We plan to stay again in June. Thank you for the hospitality and having us at your well-run motel!

Room Tip: Room 18 is farthest from the office and road. I am sure all of the rooms are fine.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank ADKWoman

Reviewed May 8, 2013

My husband and I came to Falmouth for a short getaway this past Saturday night. We stayed at the Town and Beach Motel and it was such a wonderful experience!!!! We found our special little place a perfect retreat. The location is perfect....right on the Main Street...very short walk to the beach, restaurants, shops! Virginia, the owner and her manager, Teri are very friendly and gave us a very warm welcome, as if, we knew them for many years! They pointed out the local places to eat, shop, tourist places and within whatever budget you can afford. They were super helpful and super kind with their time!!

Our room was IMMACULATE! Large room with an amazingly comfortable King Size bed, beauitful linens, a small round boutique type table and two chairs. A night table, a dresser table all in wood and wicker! Lots of space for clothes! We had a flat screen tv mounted on the wall, with Direct TV and wifi, a frig, three adorable lamps, a nice size closet and a perfect size bathroom! The whole Inn was immaculate! Very pleasant atmosphere! You can tell that they take pride in their renovating this adorable place! I got a peek at the other rooms and they are all personalized with Cape Cod deco and everything about the ocean and Cape Cod! I felt like it was decorated by Pier One! The hospitality offered here is refreshing from other places we have ever stayed at! The attention to detail make our visit relaxing and enjoyable....that we rarely left our room! LOL Parking is right outside your room and the neighborhood is quiet, the Inn is set back. Falmouth is a great location to stay so close to the other towns with the ferry ride from Falmouth to Martha's Vineyard, which is 30 minute ferry ride! GREAT place and we will be back!! We recommend this Inn highly!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We just had another great stay this past weekend at the Town and Beach! We have stayed here for a few weekends in the fall of 2012 and chose to come back to stay again! We have always been very happy with our stay however, this past weekend to our surprise....we noticed that the owner has remodeled and it is even cuter than before! We love it here and this motel feels like a home away from home! Let me begin with the owner, Ginny! She is a sweetheart!! She and her manager, Terry are extremely accommodating to your needs and will go out of their way to make your stay special! Terry is always available to help you with anything you may need. It is very well kept, remodeled and with beautiful quaint Cape Cod style theme decorated rooms! Extremely clean!!! We have stayed in different rooms and they are all very roomy....we always have a good sleep because of the very comfortable king size bed, great king size pillows, a small refrigerator, a 32" flat screen tv mounted on the wall with Direct TV, free internet, a small round table and two chairs and a luggage rack. Every room is decorated in very good taste. Very safe area....amazing location! No need to drive anywhere! Park your car at the motel and you can walk to the many restaurants, shops, churches, pubs, etc....and a short driving distance to the ferry, stores, shops and other restaurants. The owner and her staff goes above and beyond for their guests and they are extremely courteous! Clean, comfortable, great value, and the decor of the rooms keep you in the Cape Cod mindset! Very happy and upbeat. With all of that, it feels like a home away from home! The prices are reasonable, too. The only thing that I remember to pack is my hair dryer which isn't a biggie. They don't have those right yet. Now, if that is the only thing I could say 'in the negative' ( and its not really a negative).....well, that's pretty great! Ginny and Terry, see you soon!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank shianne4242
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I brought my two kids to Falmouth for some off season beach combing and relaxation. The Town and Beach motel lived up to all of the better reviews I read before booking the weekend. The rooms were clean and neat, the location was great, 12 minute walk to the beach (with a three year old and a nine year old) and Terri at the front desk was kind and helpful.
My only complaint was that the parking lot lights came in through the blinds at night and the room was not really dark. Terri said they were in the process of upgrading the shades and a few of the rooms already had the new ones.
I would imagine that the parking lot in the Summer time could get a bit noisy at night but that is what you get with a Main Street location.
A great deal and a great time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank RockCrab
Reviewed April 16, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Town and Beach Motel this past weekend (April 12-14). We knew what to expect coming in - we had read the reviews here first - and were not at all disappointed. The room was big enough, the king-sized bed was comfortable, and the place was CLEAN! The room was nothing fancy, and when we got neighbors for our second night you could hear some noise from the adjoining rooms (nothing excessive), but you can't beat this place's location.

Except for a Saturday afternoon jaunt to Woods Hole, we didn't have to get in our car at all. And had we brought our bikes we wouldn't have even needed the car then. We walked everywhere: to the drug store to pick up some forgotten toiletries; to two different diners for breakfast; two different restaurants for dinner (there were at least five other choices); to shopping to pick up some gifts for our family. We didn't walk to the beach because of the temperature out, but we could have. Bring your bike and you'll never need to get in your car.

The owner was friendly and helpful. She knows she doesn't offer the fanciest most luxurious lodging in Falmouth, but she's proud of what she has, and works hard to make her guests feel comfortable. As she told me when I went to get an extra blanket on our first night, "Its old but its clean and warm." I agreed, and I think it aptly describes her motel as well.

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the office, but you really can't go wrong anywhere.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank tcoogan7
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were looking for something clean, comfortable and convenient that would allow our dog to stay for an overnight while working on a family home in the area. Town and Beach staff (owner) was friendly and helpful- made you feel welcomed. We had a king size bed room that was clean and comfortable; the bathroom could use some updates(remember vintage motel), the shower head wasn't the strongest. Convenient to Betsy's Diner or 2-3 blocks to the heart of downtown Falmouth. Helpful because finding parking in the restaurant/shopping area is tough during peak times. Not sure where the closet beach would be -- more familiar with upper cape and Hyannis. Would stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank hr1313
Reviewed March 16, 2013

I was booked for 6 - 10 February, looking at houses. I wanted to be in the centre of Falmouth so that I could get around easily, in the car and on foot if necessary. I was travelling alone and I was given the room nearest the office, which was perfect for me. Mrs Taylor was very helpful and courteous and I couldn't have stayed in a better place for my needs. It was lovely and warm, and the fridge was really useful.
I had to leave early on the Friday instead of the Sunday because of the impending huge snow storm, and I was refunded the cost of those nights, which I wasn't expecting.
This would be a great base for any kind of visit to the area.

Room Tip: Rooms further away from the road would be quieter but I was more than happy to be close to the offic...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo