“HORRIBLE”
Review of Osteria La Civetta

Osteria La Civetta
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria La Civetta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 167 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed February 6, 2010

The food was horrible, the service even worse!! When we complained about our food, they simply took our plates away, never offered anything else, and presented us with a check. Do not waste your money!!

1  Thank capecodann

Reviewed December 28, 2009

The first thing we were asked when we walked into the restaurant is if we had a reservation. Since it is a very small place I thought perhaps it was an invitation only place and was turning around to leave but was encouraged to stay since it was so early.
As a Sicilian I immediately noticed that this was a Northern Italian. Restaurant. My husband and I really had to look over the menu to find something that sounded good. Although a charming place, it was very dark and hard to read the menu. We noticed that others actually took out a flashlight and another patron walked over to a lamp to see the menu. The staff were friendly but made no comments on the lighting. In fact the staff was very low keyed and did not even respond to compliments about the food!

We finally picked some food out and went with the macaroni which was billed as homemade. I ordered fish and the soup of the day-Cream of Mushroom. it was delicious with a piece of bread floating on top. It was a meal in itself. With the wonderful bread it was enough for me! The fish was a disappointment and was too salty. The stuffed fennel that it came with was inedible. My husband had the home made pasta with Bolognese sauce. He thought it was okay but I though the sauce had a strange taste and the pasta was too soft and mushy. Homemade pasta can be heavy and this was definitely heavy. We decided on a light dessert of mascopone with fruit. Although tasty, it was small and not worth the $10 price. All in all, although the restaurant had some charm and some of the food was nice, I wouldn't return again.

2  Thank alfie29
Reviewed November 29, 2009

I go in Italy, and often they are to Bologna but in all the taverns where they have been I have never found plates like those introduced in the menu of this restaurant. The typical plates of the zone are very various from these, lasagne, tortellini, humid, simple plates but many bonds. The appetizers with crescents some and tigelle and bonds salumi, lambrusco and crostate.Not creed that an expert of Italian plates of that zone can say to have eaten to from Bologna one, but sure international plates and not certainly of the best ones.

1  Thank MRCHEFWorcester_MA
Reviewed October 3, 2009

Without doubt a restaurant to miss - simply a dreadful experience - do not waste your time or money. The food was inedible. The staff were unaffected by our comments nor did they show any concern - food was salty, tasteless, unappealing to look at - just masses of "homemade" pasta that was awful - too bad that the "family run" establishment simply showed no concern or care - in business for two years - hopefully not a week longer. Yet another disappointing Cape Cod dining experience.

2  Thank rosebank123
Reviewed July 23, 2009

If you want the real deal, this is it. The food and desserts were excellent. The service was equally good. Highly recommend.