“Speed boat ride out to Paradise Island”

Paradise Island & The Mangroves (Cayo Arena)
Book In Advance
More Info
$99.00*
and up
Punta Rucia Paradise Island Tour from Rio San Juan
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Escojan cual de nuestras embarcaciones los transportan hacia la fantastica isla desierta Cayo Paraiso. Arenas Blancas, Aguas Turquesa y una brisa fresca de Oceano. Asombrosos arrecifes de coral y gran variedad de Escojan cual de nuestras embarcaciones los transportan hacia la fantastica isla desierta Cayo Paraiso. Arenas Blancas, Aguas Turquesa y una brisa fresca de Oceano. Asombrosos arrecifes de coral y gran variedad de coloridos peces tropicales en una de nuestras mas divertidas actividades "Snorkeling". En contraste con esta fantastica aventura tambien podran visitar los manglares en el Parque Nacional de Montecristi y aprender acerca de las maravillas de la naturaleza acompanado de nuestro eficiente personal. No deje de probar la variedad de frutas tropicales y tomar un insolito cafe en la islas o de navegar a borde de nuestro Yate VIP saboreando una copa de champan. Para los mas intrepido rumbo al historico sitio de La Isabela El Castillo con nuestro crucero Gatao con todos los confort.
De Funiak Springs, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Speed boat ride out to Paradise Island”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

First of all Paradise Island is beautiful and well worth going to experience. HOWEVER, if you plan to go, you might consider taking alternate transportation to the island!!!! The day we went (August 21) the seas were rough...did that slow up the boat??? NO, we were slammed around, thrown off our seats with some of us suffering injuries (coming and going) people were screaming in pain with the impacts, but STILL, the crew refused to slow down until I yelled out "stop this boat". They then stopped briefly and moved some peoples to the rear of the boat...guess how many could move...not many! They then proceeded to go back up to full speed through the rough seas!! Some of us could hardly walk after getting back to shore, one of my friends and myself were included in this group, and I continue to hurt through my back 4days after our rough ride and I have average muscle tone. The rough speed boat ride and the boat "captain" made our adventure to Paradise Island an adventure I WOULD NOT REPEAT if I had to return to the island via the speed boat mode of transportation! So please, consider a different type of transportation to this beautiful island other than the speed boat! Your back, hips and neck will thank you forever for your wise decision, and I wish some "other" guests to the island had written about this, it couldn't be a one time event because there was absolutely no consideration for comfort and avoidance of injury for paying customers from the crew/captain while traveling on the speedboat provided. I just tell it like it is, and there isn't any sane reason for your adventure to be destroyed by crew whose only consideration is dictated by their own agenda and not the safety and comfort of paying customers. The tour guides were not interactive at the island and short staffed resulting in people left behind going through the openings to the deep water!
BTW: we payed for the VIP ($20 extra) giving access to liquor (only rum and coke), but found out that It was free to everyone there...we felt ripped off!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Djvd_12

• Polish first
Montreal, Canada
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Beautiful Island but far from Hotel”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Family vacation it cost us $85 per person including, transport from hotel to boat (1hr:45min0, boat transport (15 min), Drink on the beach, nice lunch and transport back. All day tour I think it's worth it. The only thing I hated is they try to get as much money from you within the 6 -8hr time.
Bus driver tips, restaurant tips, DVD $20, stop at a souvenir shop, tip to the captain of the boat, tip to the animator....I would go back

Visited July 2013
Dartford, United Kingdom
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 120 helpful votes
“Wow, wow, wow!!!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

What a place, what an experience, what a day - one to be remewmbered forever.

We stayed in Puerto Plata - a 1 and a half hour coach trip away but man was it worth it. The coach trip was a good way of seeing some of the island, some lovely villages to pass through, showing some rich and some poor areas. The roads are bumpy and you see some interesting sights - like 5 people on a motorbike!

The island is a 20 odd minute speed boat ride away - great fun, quite quick and the views are lovely. It was also very safe, lifekackets were given and the boat was in very good order.

The island is a 60m long and 20m wide sand bar with a few shelters in it. The shelters are owned by the various boat crew companies, we travelled with First Choise and they use a company that had two huts, they provided rum, coke, water, sprite, watermelon, fresh coconut and pineapple as refeshments.

The island is perfect, lovely sand, shallow swimminh on all sides, the north side had the reef - abour 20 to 30m from the island. With one narrow swim corridor you snorkel out to the deeper water. Take some stale bread and a banana with yuoi and you have 100 fish eating out of your hand within seconds - totally amazing experience. Some of the fish are over a foot long, some a lot smaller, probably around 10 types in all but you can see many more.

You then follow the guides in a snorkel along the reef to the tip of the island where there is another way back to shore. It takes over an hour and really is fabulous, even for the weaker swimmer, you have an inflatable lifejacket on if you venture to the outside of the reef and the boatmen are watching you.

One of the guides takes underwater pictures of you whoich are avaiable back at the shore - although they are expensive at $16 each. My advise is to but a disposable waterproof camera and take them yourself - I wish i had this tip before I went!!

We spent nearly 3 hours on the island - so take plenty of suncream - you need it - it is baking out there.

We then had a speedboat ride back through the mangrove trees back for a lunch from the beat area. The lunch was average but you are so excited by the trip that you have just had it really does not matter.

This was a memorable, fantastic day which our photographs will make us feel that we are back there for years to come - we certainly wish we were!!!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Martin P
Waretown, New Jersey, United States
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Can't say enough about it - LOVED IT!”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We stayed in Caberete and booked the trip at the resort we stayed at. There were 12 of us who went on this excursion. We booked the VIP tour. The guide, Julius Ceasar, was very nice and knowledgable. We had close to a 2 hour drive to the boat and throughout the ride he would tell us about the island and culture. We got to where the catamaran was and took a little dinghy over to it. It was a very short hop over to the cat. They crew was extremely attentive from the moment we met them. My mother-in-law is 82 and they were awesome about helping her on and off the boats. My children are young (3 and 6) and again just so helpful and concerned with their safety. Once we got on the cat, we were offered a cocktail and snack. The snack was very, very good and there was a variety of items available. My husband loved the little meatball things, my son loved the crackers, and my daughter loved the coconut cookie like things. We rode out to a swim spot in Ensenada. It was beautiful. I can't even describe the water color. You could see down deep, it was a lovely greenish-blue color, and it was refreshing. After the swim, we were offered ceviche which was also good. From there we went to the beach for lunch. The facility was awesome and the food was terrific. You could get drinks in a coconut, swim, visit the animals like pelicans, or just relax on loungers/chairs/Bali beds. There were some jelly fish in the water. My husband got stung but they had a spray they put on it which helped. From there we went to paradise island. It is awesome to see just the ocean and then a tint island appear. It isn't a huge island but certainly enough room for a number of people. There are huts with drinks and snacks. They also have snorkeling gear. The water is a little rough. I snorkel end with my niece and daughter within the shallows and we saw a lot of fish. Some others in our group went in the deeper water. They said it was rough but they also saw fish. It really felt like a secret island. After being on the island about 2 hours, we went back to the beach. You could shower or rinse off, relax, have soup, etc. We caught the bus back to our hotel from there. Overall it was a fantastic trip and I highly recommend it. The catamaran was great. It is very room and the crew keeps it immaculate. The crew was beyond fabulous. Extremely attentive, kind, and caring. They are constantly checking in on you and seeing if you need anything. You would take the last sip of your drink and they were asking if you needed another. They took your plates from you. They really treated us well. I think the actions of the crew went beyond my expectations. The multiple site visits kept the trip moving and interesting. Food and drink on the trip well worth the money. Very, very pleased we went!

Visited July 2013
Liverpool, United Kingdom
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“you must go here”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Paradise Island is an amazing experience you take a bus to the beach and then a boat takes you to the island, takes about 20 minutes or so. It`s a tiny island and the water is crystal clear and fish swim around you. It`s very beautiful and relaxing once there you can sun bathe or snorkel. Need to hope the weather is good to enjoy this activity we had heavy rain on the way back around the mangroves which was frightening we couldn`t see the coast line at all and everyone sat in the boat crouched down because of the extremely heavy rain glad we went though!

Visited September 2012