“Inattentive Service/Cold Diablo Dish”

Cinderella Restaurant
Ranked #117 of 230 Restaurants in Fall River
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 16, 2012

My wife and I were down for a concert at The Narrows and are repeat customers to Cinderella - see my previous review. Unfortunately we had a poor meal all around (inattentive service, coldly served Tiger Shrimp Diablo with 4 shrimp not 5 as stated on the menu, sequencing & timing of table service and forced to walk up to the bar to settle my check). I hope the restaurant takes the feedback seriously; we'll be looking for our Portuguese elsewhere when down for concerts or returning from the Newport beaches.

1  Thank AlohaBoston

Reviewed September 30, 2012

The food at Cinderella's is delicious due to the home cooking done at the restaurant. This makes the service slow. The place is nicely decorated, but it's loud. Luis is a great owner,but needs a little more help. The reputation of the restaurant is catching on.

1  Thank m1006
Reviewed May 24, 2012

We were visiting Battleship Cove and this restaurant was a short drive away. Others had given it a very nice rating and we thought we would try Portuguese cuisine. Pre dinner we were served Portuguese bread with sautéed onions and red peppers in olive oil, black olives, and butter which was quite nice. I had a very flavorful cod cakes that really tasted of cod fish with salad and homemade round fries and my husband had the chicken mozambique with a saffron rice. Both were very good. Service was excellent and the waiter described all the dishes as we told him we were new to the cuisine. The restaurant has the flavor of the old neighborhood restaurants. Across the street was a Portuguese bakery and we brought home some english muffins, bread with sausage, rice pastry and cream horns to try later.

1  Thank jbunti
Reviewed February 9, 2012

We were a party of 5 women and every one enjoyed the quality and taste of the food. The steaks were done perfectly, were tender and very tasty. The Portuguese beef stew was very thick and yummy. The shrimp Mozambique was also tasty but a smaller dinner volume wise.
The bread served was just ok. I prefer a heavier texture. I was surprised to see the salad served on the plate with the steak as the vegetable. The round potato fries were not crisp as we had ordered and had a heavy taste of maybe olive oil. The flan ($7) was very good but the coffee was ?. My friend thought it was made from a powder. It was also not hot like a fresh brewed cup would be. A little pricy but good. The service was also up to par. The music lent a wonderful ambiance to the nicely tiled walls. The liquor selection is off the charts.

2  Thank Redhatchris
Reviewed February 3, 2012

I've been coming here for years with my grandfather; we lived in Taunton but every trip out to the riv we always stopped and grabbed a box or two of pastries. The malasadas & natas are to die for, just like vavo's. When I moved out to Fall River in 2010 I had made a stop at Cinderella's and dumb me had locked my keys in the car, the lady was so helpful with giving me supplies to brake in lol I gave her a $5 tip for being so nice, she was reluctant to take it, but us pordagee's are stubborn. She told me to come back and grab a lingucia sandwich for free. Of course I never did, but i would recommend this little Portuguese bakery to anyone. The prices are more then reasonable, and the staff are so friendly.

2  Thank Ashley B