“One of my best experiences”

Comfort Inn & Suites Fall River
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Fall River
Reviewed September 11, 2013

I really like the staff here and how they made me feel welcome.

The room was very clean and everything was very easy to use.

The shower was very clean also which is VERY important to me, and the heating/cooling system was great and there was no smell at all when I turned it on.

The breakfast was also very good, and a really nice touch.

I just want to say "Thank You" to the staff foe all of your help, and your friendly attitude.

Room Tip: "I like the top floor with some really nice views."
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Kate E, Director of Sales at Comfort Inn & Suites Fall River, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2013

Hello,

Thank-you for your wonderful comment. I will pass along the compliments to the front desk.

Kate

Reviewed August 30, 2013

My family and I stay at this location for 4 days while the Holy Ghost festival was going on. The staff where very knowledgable of the area and offered several choices for dining out every night of our stay. Breakfast was what you would expect, the basics, eggs, cereal, waffles, sausage, bagels, etc. the pool was closed the last day of our stay but the general manager offered to adjust our rate without me asking which was unexpected. I will be staying here again next year for sure. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed: August 2013

Hello,

Thank-you for your review on our hotel. I hope you enjoyed the holy ghost festival. I will pass along the comments to the staff.

As the new sales manager, I hope I will get to see you next August for the Festival.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Avoid this hotel at all cost!! Oh where to start!!?? First, of the two females working the front desk, one was friendly and business like and the other, well, at least I am not married to her! Their web listed rooms starting a 119. Don't count on it! We paid 167 and I might as well just lit a match to 167 one dollar bills! The pillows I believe are couch pillows with cases on them. Rocks would have been softer. The coffee maker is a standard touch however, no where have I stayed that the coffee maker, to include cups, is in the bathroom, a foot from the toilet! The bed might as well have been on the ground, that would have been softer. When I asked about the AAA member discount, I was told they were offering no discounts that weekend because it is Portuguese Weekend in Fall River. I don't know if I should thank the Portuguese that had loaded the hotel or, the hotel for squeezing every penny they could from them! They should let their folks that plan that weekend, inform those attending to look else where next year. I will be letting AAA know! The pool was too small to call a pool but, I suppose large enough to not be considered a bath tub. The "hot tub" was closed. Just as well as there would not have been room any way. And then, the "complimentary breakfast" on Portuguese Weekend, is more of a feeding frenzy!! The circuit breaker blew twice while we were forging for a "meal" and we had to take it back to our room as there was no place to sit in the eating area. The hotel was VERY poorly staffed for such a large group. The poor kid trying to keep the buffet stocked could not do so fast enough and they could not cook it up fast enough. All in all, I wish we had just gone some place else. My wife and I spoke to each other about that but, Miss personality at the front desk, told us we'd not find anything else in the area because of Portuguese Weekend. That would have been fine, as our car would have been better! I am 54 years old and have stayed in hotels, more than I can count, and THIS, was the absolute worse! If I had paid 80 for the night, it would have passed as a two star but as it is, I am being generous at one star!!

Room Tip: a tip, go some place else!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank braveheart59

Hello,

First off, I sincerely apologize for all the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us. As the new sales manager and new management , I am going through each other comments to learn how we can better improve guest experiences. We are in the process of enlarging the breakfast area to allow for more space and room.

As of this winter, we are redoing all of the bedding, which includes pillows to have a firm and soft option.

As I said earlier , I sincerely apologize about the below standard stay you had with us; however, I will use this comments to continue to improve guest satisfaction.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

We stayed here for two nights while attending a wedding weekend in Newport, RI. This was the closest hotel that didn’t want to charge $300/night or more so it was pretty much our only choice for clean and comfortable accommodations. I believe a total of 80 of us booked at the hotel as wedding guests. I called for early check in and was told it wouldn’t be a problem. I arrived and check in was quick. The girls at the front desk were very nice.
Our room was clean and fairly updated. Flat screen TV, fridge that kept our drinks VERY cold, microwave, coffee maker, free WIFI (very poor connection) and AC that kept the room cold. One odd thing is that there is a curved out shower curtain, which means that bathroom door can’t really open all the way. Also, there is no shower curtain liner and that means when you take a shower, unless you pull the fabric curtain inside, water gets all over the floor. If you pull the curtain in, it gets soaked. Poor planning on whoever made that decision. There was a hair dryer, two sinks, full length mirror, hang bar for clothes, iron and ironing board. We had two double beds and we had asked for a king. We were told no kings were available; however others who checked in after us were frustrated because they ended up with a king and wanted two doubles. So the hotel could have been much more accommodating in that respect. It seemed a great deal of us who wanted one king bed got doubles and vice versa. (The rate was the same for all of us.) All the ice makers in the building except one were out of order. As you keep reading you’ll see that this hotel basically isn’t maintained. Moving on….
Breakfast in the morning was okay. It put something in your stomach. There were waffles, scrambled eggs, greasy sausage, cereal, bagels and pastries, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, juice and coffee. Not great, but no inedible. I found it weird that one of the girls who works there was stepping in front of guests to get her own breakfast. She actually cut in front of me to use the toaster for her bagel. Very rude and unprofessional. Nice that there is a Dunkin Donuts within walking distance.
Other amenities: Work out room….4 machines, 3 were broken. Really?? So we went to use the hot tub and couldn’t find the button to start the jets. In every hotel I’ve ever stayed in there is a button to make the jets start. There wasn’t one at this hotel. My husband walked to the front desk to ask where it was and they said there wasn’t one….? Even though there is a button with a big sign that says “emergency jets shut off”. So I’m thinking it’s just broken? (Common theme here). So it’s just basically hot water to soak in. I joked that we should have brought soap and taken a bath. We figured we’d sit for a few minutes any way since we were down there, and slowly realized the hot tub was covered in slime and a film of grease was on top of the water. The room the pool is in is dirty and very unkempt. Rusty and broken chairs to sit in, holes in the wall, really creepy feeling. We exited and wrapped one of the hand towels (pool towels) around us and went back to our room to take showers. Gross.
On the way up we had the non pleasure of talking to one of the girls who cleans rooms, who told us that all her coworkers suck and she had to punch one of them and can’t get into another fight or she’ll get fired. And when she works overtime she doesn’t get paid time and a half, they put the time over 40 hours on the next paycheck. She said she was looking for a new job and wanted to go work at the Marriott. All we said to her to provoke this was: “Good morning, how are you?” Oy.
Check out was uneventful. Our charges were correct ($230 total for 2 nights, including tax) and it only took a minute to get a printed receipt. Overall, it definitely did the trick for the two nights we had to stay there. It served its purpose, but I’d never voluntarily choose to book a room here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Shelbs97

Hello,

I thank-you for your review. As the new sales manager, I am going through each comment to ensure guest satisfaction is improved.

We have started a policy that other than the breakfast attendant, no staff member can enter the breakfast room- which will eliminate the unprofessional gesture you experience from a staff member. We have also replaced all of the WIFI routers and resolved the internet connection issue. Ice machines have been repaired with new motors on both floors.

I understand your dissatisfaction with the issues listed, but we are working steadily to correct them here at the hotel. I would love for you to give us a second chance.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

When we got to the hotel to check in, there was no employee at the front desk. One finally arrived after ten minutes to send us to the most musty, awful room that I've ever seen. It smelled awful, and we only stayed in the room for 10 seconds. The air was thick and rancid. We went back to the front desk and waited another 5 minutes for the employee to reappear. She took about ten minutes to give us the keys for another room, this one even closer to the pool. It wasn't as bad. Still not good, mind you, but at least the AC could deal with it.

The furniture was dated, as was the bathroom. It did have two sinks, however, although the rest of the room was small. It wasn't extremely clean, but it wasn't awful. Breakfast in the morning was forgettable, but passable. I’d try to find somewhere else, but this is the only hotel in Fall River.

Room Tip: Get a room on the highest floor (3) away from the pool. Avoid the first floor at all costs.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hello,

Thank-you for your stay with us. I apologize your stay did not meet your standards. As the new sales manager, I am reviewing all the past recent comments to better improve the hotel. We are working on renovating the bedding, business center and breakfast area by the end of next spring.

I do hope you will try us again in the future,

Reviewed July 30, 2013

The rooms were clean and good size. The breakfast was good but 3 days of the same thing with no variation was really boring. Fridge and microwave is useful with young kids. It was about 25 miles to Newport and like an hour from Cape Cod so overall it was good.

The pool was ok. The heated whirlpool had jets but never worked so essentially you were sitting in hot water.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Hello,

Thank-you for your comments.

I will pass along the variation at breakfast to the GM. Due to the issues you mentioned about the hot tub , we have removed it from the pool area and plan on sprucing up the pool rooms.

Thank-you and hope we will see you again in the future.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Hotel was clean. Very important to me. Breakfast (included) was very busy but staff at the hotel made sure everything was kept up with so no one was waiting. Front desk staff were polite and checking in and out was pretty fast. No issues with my room which was on the 2nd floor. Pool wasn't the greatest seemed really muggy.

• Stayed: July 2013

Hello,

Thank-you for your great reviews! I will pass along the compliments to the staff.

I do hope to see you again the next time you are traveling to this area.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fall River
#2 of 3 in Fairhaven
Clarion Inn
Clarion Inn
#3 of 8 in Seekonk

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Fall River? Share your experiences!