“Wonderful Portuguese food”

Ranked #18 of 231 Restaurants in Fall River
Good for: Bar scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The only complaints I had were that the rolls were heated in the microwave, which makes them tough and rubbery and that the shrimp is served with the shell on which makes for very sloppy eating. Otherwise, everything was great. The Portuguese soup listed that it had meat in it, hummmm, if you call two crumbles of unidentifiable meat enough to list as a meat ingredient, but it was very tasty.
I had the shrimp trio, shells and all. There was enough to take some home. My friend had a seafood combination that looked like a soup. She is Portuguese and said it was excellent, like her grandmother made. The sweet potato fries were delicious and the salad was a good dinner size. We indulged in House made Flan for dessert, again, outstanding, as was the coffee.
Will be going back soon...and the are on restaurant.com.

Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

We live about 45 minutes away in RI and this place is definitely worth the trip. The food is very fresh, served in large portions at reasonable prices. The only faults are the dining room can get very noisy. They have a tv in the main dining room with sports playing. Also, food tends not to come out together. My hubby got his wine and then mine came a few minutes later. He was almost ready with his appetizer before mie came. The entrees followed each other more quickly. Stramge, but ot a deal breaker.

Reviewed January 15, 2013 via mobile

My first visit after hearing a lot about this restaurant. I went for lunch with a coworker. Good food for the money. Nothing fancy. Nice enough. I will go again.

1  Thank Bankguy1961
Reviewed November 28, 2012

We went for a late lunch the day after Thanksgiving. Our Portuguese friends that grew up in Fall River recommended this place as we had told them we went to Lizzie Borden House this summer. Had we known, we would have definitely come after the tour. The décor is simple and rustic looking. They were actually starting to put up the Christmas decorations while we were there.

Our server was excellent, both very warm and accommodating. The Portuguese rolls were delicious, especially for mopping up the delicious sauces. The shrimp Mozambique was very tasty with a flavorful sauce. The only difficulty is getting the meat out of shell with all the sauce, fries & rice on the plate. I understand why the shrimps are kept in the shell but in this dish would be great to have them removed for a less messy dish as well as minimize the loss of sauce on the shells!! My spouse had the Carne Alentajana (Cubed Pork & Fries with Little Neck). I am not a red meat eater but the sauce was so delicious, with just enough spice/heat.

Our friends had the fish and chips which the sides the server adapted to their liking. The paella looked more like a seafood stew, but tasted wonderful.

They mentioned the special dinner for two with wine which they said was a great value. Hope to return!

1  Thank Nikko4Me
Reviewed November 17, 2012

My mom, sister, and I went to the Fall River Grill on a Friday night to get some dinner. There is a small parking lot around the corner from the grill and there is also street parking- We found parking easily and entered the dining room area. Immediately we were greeted and seated. Our waitress Karina was attentive, friendly, and her service was exemplary. The dining room itself is on the small size, but it is extremely cozy and welcoming. We received large rolls with butter and a cinnamon spread which were very tasty and fresh. We received our drinks quickly and our appetizers (creamy clam chowder within a reasonable amount of time as well. The prices of the dishes were not too expensive and there was a variety of dishes to order from. The chowder comes in one size (pretty big), but it was very tasty. Two people could have easily shared it! We ordered the steak tips which came with mashed potatoes and vegetables, the stuffed shrimp which came with rice and french fries, and the grilled shrimp which came with rice and potatoes. All three meals were definitely good sized and all very tasty. The meat was perfectly seasoned and cooked to medium (exactly how I wanted it). Both my mom and sister enjoyed their shrimp- good sized and very filling. The only downfall was not being able to order dessert because we were so full! I would definitely return!!