“great”

Lusitano Restaurant
Ranked #43 of 230 Restaurants in Fall River
Reviewed January 9, 2013

atmosphere was authentic and homey owner was very cordial watress was great but most of all food was incredible definatly recommend

There are newer reviews for Lusitano Restaurant

Reviewed December 22, 2012

Awful service, mediocre food, not a good experience at all. NO one should waste their money here. The servers do not care if you wait 10-15 mins for them to come say hi, nevermind how long it takes to get a drink of water. If your meal is made incorrectly, you can expect your waitress to NEVER come to your table and avoid you at all costs. I am not from Fall River and was given a gift certififcate to try this place and I am sad to say that my friend wasted her money. I would never go back and never recommend. With all the places out there to get Portuguese food, do NOT go here!!!!!!!

Reviewed December 3, 2011

Don't be put off by the neighborhood as you approach Lusitano; Fall River's second oldest restaurant has survived for a reason. This Portuguese restaurant offers well prepared traditional fare at reasonable prices. Their codfish cakes and Portuguese soup were perfectly seasoned, with robust flavor, and served with fresh, warm bread. The bacalao gomes de sa is among the I have tasted, and the grilled swordfish was fresh and flavorful.

The ambience is circa 1978, but cozy nonetheless. Service is good, but slow on quieter nights as the manager attempts to keep the dining room lively.

2  Thank mthom100
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Our visit was for a wedding, though we have been here within the last year for a dinner on a Saturday night. The food and staff are great. This is a very reasonable restaurant in Fall River for an enjoyable night out.

1  Thank Scooter105
Reviewed May 8, 2010

During the week, I live in New York and I eat out a lot - pretty much every night. I come back to Fall River to visit family and anticipate the great meal(s) I know I'm going to have. A while ago, friends and I went to Lusitano for dinner. For me, this is what Portuguese food is all about. There is no holding back on the flavor - whether it comes from the meat or fish, the garlic or pepper, the sauce - it all comes together and excites my taste buds. The owners were super friendly. The best part was that in this little restaurant, everyone seemed to know each other. It's a very intimate place, but not in a uncomfortable way. It was a lively, not noisy, fun group of people there. We really enjoyed ourselves. The prices are pretty much like the others in Fall River - between $12-$18. I had the steak, which was awesome, and tried some of the fish dishes from friends' plates - also awesome. Next time I get around, I'm going to go for a fish dish.

3  Thank mofood_mobetta