“Above and Beyond”
Review of Battleship Cove

Battleship Cove
Ranked #2 of 27 things to do in Fall River
Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

My son and I were the only people at the Cove at the onset of "Hercules", January '14's winter blast. The folks there could not have been nicer to my son--a 10-year old WW II and history buff. They gave him a book that he read entirely before our arrival in New London an hour later. The only name I recall is Felicia. Thank you to everyone for making him feel so special and for the naval shirt he has worn every day since our visit. Battleship Cove is a must-see for anyone interested in the armed forces or boats/subs, etc.. It can be done in an hour or 5 hours, depending upon your interest level. They have an overnight experience that we will definitely be coming back for. Just hope they'll serve some good ol' Fall River Portuguese Sailors for breakfast--though I am not sure our finest and bravest had that pleasure while serving our great country. Check it out, it is worth the 25-minute ride from Newport!

2  Thank OntheFlyGuy

Reviewed December 8, 2013

This was a fantastic tour of the U.S. ships from World War II. I could of spent many more hours there but I will have to go back again when it is a little warmer.

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I love this place! One of my favorite places in the whole world! Where else can you see an actual WW2 battleship and other warships, all in the same place? I also suggest getting involved in some of the volunteer and/or membership programs. Our American heritage and history is preserved right here. I visited several times while I was up in my home city area. They even had an annual Brew-Fest fundraiser party on one of the days that included beer from several breweries, and local cuisine samplings too. I will miss it here until I get back next year. Two rabbit ears up!!
(\ (\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Everyone who visits Fall River really should come to the Battleship that fought in the war. Big Mamie has battle scars from numerous attacks. It is a great place where groups such as Boy Scouts can come and stay over night and experience the ship.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

What a great experience to visit vintage war boats. Boy, if you have a child, what a great gig to have them sleep over. don't miss this one