“A lot of fun...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fall River
Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Fall River B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 10, 2010

We stayed in the Andrew and Abby suite at the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast last October, and we're going back this October. Our guide was very knowledgeable and we even took a trip out to the cemetery at night! The rooms were clean and comfortable and the breakfast was very good.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank eithnefan

Reviewed July 8, 2010

I accompanied my sister on this trip - she had wanted to go for ages. I was expecting to just be her traveling buddy, but I have to say, by the end of the trip, I was speculating on what happened with the best of them. The place is immaculate, friendly, and the authentic touches and efforts made to keep guests comfortable while still keeping the feel of the 1890's are outstanding. I honestly felt like I was in a museum where you could touch everything. My favorite part had to be in the morning when we sat with the other guests and the staff and everyone talked about their theories of the case and why they could be right or wrong. Like I said - I wasn't expecting to be so in love with the place, but it is suberbly run and I expect to be back for a girls' weekend - all the way from Ohio!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 6, 2010

I have been wanting to visit the LIzzie Borden house for years. My sister finally agreed to go with me and we had an awesome time! Lee-Ann, Will, and Logan were all wonderful! I was a little worried about the area because I had read some of the reviews about it being a rough area. It was not the best, but it certainly didn't ruin our time. To make your trip complete, you must visit the cemetery and the historical society also. I was worried I would be dissapointed because I had been looking forward to this trip for so long. However, it exceeded my expectations. A unique, exctiting, and interesting experience!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Kelly60785
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I did my Master's Thesis on newspaper coverage of the Borden case at the University of Maryland waaaaay back in 1988-89. We moved to Massachusetts in 1990. You would think Fall River would have been one of the first places I visited, wouldn't you? Unfortunately, no --- not even when this B&B opened back in the mid 1990's; life (and kids) took over and it just never happened --- until this past Sunday night. I had always said I wouldn't stay overnight there. I'm too much of a wimp. Yet when a theatrical event took us to Fall River (that's another story, never mind), my husband proposed a romantic getaway --- to Lizzie's house! Strange as it sounds, when I heard about Max (the resident cat) I felt assured. I figured if Lizzie ever came back she'd be happy her old home had an animal around (she left alot of money to the Fall River Animal Rescue League --- in fact our guide at the B&B told us it was invested so well, they still operate on it to this day).
This B&B has to stay true to its history for the Lizzie buffs yet provide the amenities and comforts travelers look for in a hotel. Lee-Ann has triumphed on both counts!
As a B&B itself, the house is charming. Decor is period accurate, but there are modern conveniences (bathrooms instead of the slop jars and privy in the basement of the Bordens' time!). We stayed in the Lizzie room, which shares a bath with the Morse room, but as there were no other guests in the house that night we had the bath to ourselves. Excellent water pressure in that walk-in shower. As previous reviewers have mentioned, there are no tvs in the house and we didn't bring our laptops, so not sure if we could have gotten wifi from nearby. Breakfast the next morning was delicious. Will, our wonderful guide, housemate-for-the-night (he stayed in the maid's room on the third floor), and cook makes a mean johnnycake! It also included scrambled eggs, sausage, potatoes, coffee, and juice.
As a historical site, the tour provided by the knowledgeable and amiable Will was fabulous. Our private tour (if you stay you get an evening tour and we were the only ones there that night) started at 8 and went until 10:30!!!! We went all over the house --- including "down cellar." I probably could have gone longer, but noticed my husband looking sleepy (and I bet Will was, too, dealing with both my curiosity and my incipient dread of trying to actually get to sleep). My husband slept like a log. I was so excited (and scared?) that I had a restless night. Unfortunately, Max the cat didn't spend the night in the house (I think he stays in the apt. over the gift shop in the barn). No bumps in the night, but I did feel cold air. Of course, the AC was on. Plus, it could just be that the air around me felt colder because I was having hot flashes, being of a certain age! I will admit to feeling a bit stressed and also sensing a tremendous sadness, but really have no idea if this was psychic phenomena or just my overly active imagination.
I would say this place is a definite MUST for anyone interested in the Borden case --- and a comfy B&B for those who aren't!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pangur
Reviewed May 29, 2010

It's taken me a long time to get this up but a couple of friends, my husband and I stayed at the Lizzie Borden B&B earlier this year. When we first pulled up we were worried. The house looks nice, but the neighborhood is a little run down. But we checked in and I'm glad we did. Our host was Will (you're awesome Will!) and he did a GREAT job. Will is easy to talk to and he makes the place fun. I took pictures throughout our tour and got orbs all over the place. When we went to bed though, that's when things got interesting. My husband stayed up all night with some other people we just met that night. They stayed up because all kinds of weird stuff was happening on the third floor. Doors opening and closing, things like that.

The breakfast was great (Will does that too) and overall, we had a FANTASTIC time. Only thing that would make it better is if it were in a better neighborhood. But still, can't wait to do it again!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank 19Butterfly68
Reviewed May 27, 2010

My wife and I stayed in the Morse room, and it was worth every penny. When we arrived, the crew from "Ghost Lab" was finishing up the filming of an episode on the house. We lucked out and were given a wonderful tour by Leonard Rebello(author of Lizzie Borden Past and Present). Lee-Ann was a gracious host and made sure that we had everything that we needed. We then spent hours exploring the house to our hearts content, as we were the only guests that evening. The breakfast was delicious (I have no idea what the reviewer was talking about who said it was horrible), and Will (the cook) was great and very personable. Overall, it was absolutely wonderful and I would highly recommend it to anyone who has even a passing interest in the case. We would stay again in a heartbeat and I recommend it without the slightest reservation.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SMartz1
Reviewed April 12, 2010

this was the best place i ever stayed at. and things do go bumb in the night. the staff was great anyway this place was great so great that im going there for my 18th time and trust me its worth every penny the cat max was the BEST hes so cute and friendly.the cook is great and it will scare the pants of you if you don't believing ghost than this is the place for you.if you don't like this place your lost

• Stayed: February 2008
2  Thank greattipsboy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fall River
Comfort Inn & Suites Fall River
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport

Been to Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!