“For a day trip, GREAT! Stay over, not so much.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fall River
Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Fall River B&B and Inns
New York, NY
“For a day trip, GREAT! Stay over, not so much.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

A friend and I wanted to have the Lizzie Borden experience and decided to stay over night. Although the experience in itself was worth the trip, there was nothing else to do. You must vacate certain rooms all day - where do you go. The owner/operator doesn't have hand-outs of sightseeing places, eateries, or the like. Toooooooo much down time and not enought good time. For a day, it's great, after that....

Room Tip: Go for a day adventure. Don't stay over night.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank Estella M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013

Wow. What a great chance to learn more about one of the nation's most notorious crimes. We stayed here on a cold, rainy Sunday night. Two other couples also were guests. We were treated to an extended nighttime tour of the home, learning more about who lived in, stayed in, or died in each room. The house itself is beautiful on the inside, with period pieces that resemble the furniture of the late 1800s at the time of the murders of Andrew and Abby Borden. Our hostess for the night, Robin, was fun and knowledgeable as she led us on the tour of each floor. Late at night, it was a bit unsettling to be in the room where a murder took place, but that too is part of the experience. It is a bit pricey, but it also is a one-of-a-kind experience so it was totally worth the cost. In the morning, we had a home-cooked breakfast similar to what the Bordens may have eaten on their last day. By that time, it wasn't a bit unusual to see autopsy photos on the dining table or a vintage autopsy board hanging on the wall. Of course, ghost stories are told and that's part of the fun of a stay, but it is also offers a respectful account of the crime and what happened to Lizzie and her sister in the following years. By all means, don't neglect a stop at the Fall River cemetery where the entire family lies together.

Room Tip: Book the John V. Morse Room if at all possible. This is where Abby Borden was murdered. Spending the...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Westfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2013

I stayed with my nephew on Feb. 18th. We stayed in the Lizzie and Emma Suite. The owner, Leann gave us a tour that night. She was very friendly and welcoming. She gave great details of the house and the events that took place there. The house was emaculate and very accurate to the period Lizzie Borden was living there. Tim made us breakfast in the morning. Very good. All of the staff was friendly and knowledgible of the Lizzie Borden story. I have to say, I was not much of a believer of ghosts before we stayed here, but we saw,heard and smelled things that made me a believer. I would recommend the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast and I will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank disney45
Fall River, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

I've been to this bed and breakfast for a tour about 10 times since the late 1990's. I grew up in Fall River and have always been fascinated with the Borden case. I have to say that since Leann has owned this bed and breakfast, I have had much better experiences here. The tours are more informative and even after so many visits, I STILL learn something new every time I go. The entire staff is extremely knowledgeable about the Borden murders and have always been very welcoming and accommodating and eager to answer questions. It is obvious that the staff here really enjoy their jobs! Just recently I was able to enjoy the FULL experience! This place is cleaner than any other bed and breakfast I've stayed at (which is a lot due to the fact I love to travel). The entire house smelled so good and there was not a wrinkle on my bed sheets! I almost forgot I was at the location of such an historic brutal unsolved murder! I was afraid at first to sleep over. Many of my friends and family members have stayed here and had some creepy and chilling episodes! This of course makes for an even better stay! Unless your chicken! ;) During my latest tour our guide (I think her name is Robin?) was incredible. I had my 7 year old daughter with me and Robin? made our tour much more age appropriate for my child, leaving out some gruesome details. She obviously loves her job and made us feel right at home. I want to personally thank the staff at The Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast for taking me and now my daughter back in time to the summer of 1892.

Room Tip: If you want to get spooked, stay on the third floor. Yikes! :)
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank faithrob0705
Baltimore
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2013

We stayed here recently and the so called "owner" Leann is so cold and unfriendly! I almost walked out but my husband talked me into staying because he was so tired. Not only is the owner unfriendly, the rooms lacked cleaning! This past week, the Lizzie Bordon B&B has been all over the tv with EVERY ghost hunting program immaginable. Take my advice and watch every single program from Ghost Hunters, Ghost Adventures, The Dead Files and MANY more. There you will see from the very first time Leann did an interview, her stories have progressed to a point that they are unbelievable! So much so, that in the last program, she is clearly bored and making up the story as she goes along! I guess she really needs money so she has any so called ghost program in the building. She is loosing money because it truly is a very dark, cold place to visit and it has absolutely nothing to do with it's past and everything to due with the owner!

Room Tip: My tip is don't choose a room!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
16 Thank DONNA B
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

My boyfriend and I are from Massachusetts but live about 2 hours away from Fall River. We regularly do tours of unique or historic attractions and had been interested in making the drive to Lizzie's for some time. All of their rooms were booked for the weekend so we did not get a chance to spend the night, but we did take the house tour. We found our tour guide to be friendly and very knowledgeable and despite taking the tour on a Saturday there was only one other couple on the tour with us. It is a bit of a long tour so be prepared to spend at least an hour (maybe more if there is a large group) on the tour. I have seen other reviews complaining that the tour was too long, but I was grateful for that because the admittance fee is a little steep at $15 per person. The tour guide was obviously very well trained and professional, there wasn't a question she couldn't answer! I couldn't believe how much information was packed into each room we entered, I thought I was well versed in the history of the case, but I learned so much more on this tour. The best part of the tour was when we asked if we could pose for pictures on the couch where Mr. Borden was killed (morbid yes...but we couldn't resist!) and they not only agreed to let us take pictures they gave us an axe! Don't worry it was just a prop! Visitors should expect a very informative tour, with a great staff. They also have a small store with some fun souvenirs. We waited for the tour to start in the store and had a great talk with the staff about the house and it's reputation for being haunted. They do some special events around Halloween, I haven't been, but would love to go, it looks like a lot of fun! I would like to add that Fall River is not the easiest place to get around, nor is it the safest so bring your GPS. If you are spending the night at the LB Bed and Breakfast ask the staff for restaurant/tour recommendations.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank stacey2478
Ashland, Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013

By all means, go see the Lizzie Borden House if you're in the area and have any interest. But be forewarned that this is not a very professionally run establishment.

We did not spend the night in the bed and breakfast -- we just came for the 1-hour tour using a LivingSocial discount. I handed over our coupon and asked the manager, just to make small talk, if she'd had a lot of takers for this discount. She became immediately belligerent, grumbling that "LivingSocial sucks," and asking me if I could believe that she was only going to be making $4 per person off our family of 4. What a welcome.

All I knew about Lizzie Borden before this tour was that she'd been accused of killing her parents and that line from the nursery rhyme about "40 whacks." Our guide, a high school student, seemed to think that everybody who comes to the house already knows the basic Lizzie Borden story line and was only there for details the general public might not have been privy to. Thus, we had to keep interrupting her to ask basic questions like, "So, who was Emma?" and "What year did this crime occur?" which she didn't appreciate. Each time we asked a question we threw her off and she had a hard time finding her place in her lecture again. But the story was impossible to follow for us otherwise. After we left I still had so many unanswered questions that I went home to consult the internet.

There is only one Lizzie Borden House and this is it, so see it if you're interested. But do some reading about the story ahead of your visit, and try not to engage the manager in small talk.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
BEST WESTERN Dartmouth Inn
BEST WESTERN Dartmouth Inn
#2 of 5 in North Dartmouth
Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth

Been to Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!