Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast
Priceline
  • Free Internet
$115
$89
Bristol Harbor Inn(Bristol)(Great Value!)
$146
$146
$123
BestWestern.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewshouse tourparanormal activityjohnny cakesghost huntingentire houseemma suiteparanormal experiencesghost storiesknew her stuffother guestsnext morninghistorical societyperiod piecesinteresting tourmorse roomovernight guestsan overnight stay
Reviewed August 18, 2012

My fiancee took me to the Lizzie Borden Bed & Breakfast as part of a birthday gift. As I live in Massachusetts and have always wanted to check it out. Tour guide was very informative and answered several questions. I was hoping to see more authentic items but, was still cool to see how it would have looked back then. I would highly recommend this place if your into this kinda stuff. Although I would never stay over night. It was way better than going to the Salem With Museum. Reasonable price, hour long tour, you have plenty of opportunities for taking photos.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank shawnsgirl09
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We loved our trip to Lizzie's house. We talked to the owners and they were very nice and insightful. Our tour guide did a great job and we had a great time.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LuvHaribo
Reviewed July 1, 2012

My wife and I live in Massachusetts and like many had heard the stories of Lizzie Borden's house. We finally went there and were very happy with the tour. The staff is very knowledgeable and provides a great one hour tour of the property. We did not stay at the Bed and Breakfast this time but would like to in the future.

if you are going for the tour, make sure you come on time. The tours are currently done on the hour from 11 AM to 3 PM. If you arrive late you'll have to wait until the next hour. Don't try to go through the front door of the building though as it is kept lock. You need to pull into the drive after the house and go into the barn behind the house to purchase your tickets. There are only around 6 parking spaces here so you may need to park on the street. This area is not the safest area so I would be careful of what you leave in the car or how far you walk to the house.

Tour wrap up at 4 PM so guests who are staying over can check in. Please note that guests also have to be out by 10 AM so that visitors can tour the house. There are many options in regards to booking rooms or the entire house to stay over.

The tour guide also recommended seeing the Borden graves over at Oak Grove Cemetery which we did. It's only a few minutes away and highly recommend doing it. The cemetery has arrows to follow to the Borden graves and a flag marking Lizzie's.

Room Tip: Make sure if you use a GPS to get there that you use the address 230 Second St which is the legal address and not the historical address.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank SeverusAlexander
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I did not do the day tour but stayed overnight. If you like this stuff, go for it. Definitely put it on the list of things to do before you die. The tour before bedtime was excellent, but it will not help you sleep. The staff is very friendly, knowledgeable and are great onsite therapists if you get too freaked out by the house. They have great stories to tell but the best ones are about the crazy living who have stayed there. There is a safe area in the house that is said to be unhaunted if you have a bad experience and the owner (who sleeps above the shop not connected to the house) is available for assistance if it gets too creepy. We barcaded ourselves into a small room and put all the lights on; forget it, it is just as creepy with the lights on. You probably will not sleep much but will have stories to tell for years (even if nothing happens, you will do something foolish enough to scare yourself). Don't worry, the morning will come. Tip - go to the basement and the attic after dark.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Nullion12
Reviewed April 25, 2012

As a birthday gift from my mom and sister they treated me to a two night stay here. This being my first B&B experience I didn't know what to expect. As soon as we got out of the car we were welcomed by the house Kitty and Shelly. All I can say is Shelly was the most hospital person I ever met. She made us feel right at home. Not only did she recommend a great place for dinner but she also took us to see the Borden family plot at the cemetary the next day. Before the end of our stay we took the house tour with Eliza guiding us. For only doing it for two weeks she was still very knowledgeable and made it a fun experience. Will definitely be. Taking a return trip as long as Shelly and Eliza are there.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends