“Stayed there for 2 nights in August 2001 update”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fall River
Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Fall River B&B and Inns
Champaign, Illinois
“Stayed there for 2 nights in August 2001 update”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2012

Just had to write another review..watching the DEAD FILES tv show the other night, I see the home is owned by new people, as well as the property is updated. Nice. The home inside seems as it was in 2001..I'm just wondering if the new owners "fixed" the space along the side of the fire exit door in the third floor front bedroom that gives any occupients a full on view of the bathroom in the second floor hall..And its users...the light fixture in the bathroom was haphazardly put together,and during my stay I'm just wondering just who, and how many people got to see more of me than I'd planned..no one was staying in the third floor front bedroom at the time of my visit, and if you're wondering how I'd come to see the space/crack..we were touring at night(spooky)through the rooms and I noticed a light reflection on the opposite wall/ceiling. I didn't tell anybody that worked there because I was too embarassed to look them in the eye. I just used the other bathroom..after a good inspection..and my husband kept a watch out for the whereabouts of the workers there.
Another thing..if you by chance got to see that unbelievable wacky woman touring the home on the tv show Dead Files..well,all I can do is shake my head And my finger at her for her poor performance as to what she "felt" while walking around the home. Even the owners that met with her (after she toured in the partial dark) had the same strange looks on their faces as I did watching and listening to her babble her wacky wild story of just what She believed had happened. Shame on you girl.
So, I've stayed there for two nights,and would I go back!? I would go to visit but stay in a motel..not for anything bad that happened there,but because staying there for two nights we had to push all our bags,etc.into the room closets during the day so the tours could come through. We kept our valuables with us. Alot has probibly changed with the bed/breakfast experience..or it has stayed the same with new owners. I'm sure the previous owners helped school the new. Its a fun visit...No tv's in the bedrooms then! They said for "true to life experience" for the years Lizzie's family lived there. We slept in the parent's room the first night, and then we slept in Emma's room the second (which was attached to Lizzie's), due to the fact that Lizzie's eyes kept looking at us from a picture on her wall, no matter where in her room we walked...and in the morning while sitting on Emma's bed waiting for my husband to come upstairs from the kitchen,I saw a cat walk thru Lizzie's room...Yup..no cat was in the home at the time. Go, have fun, don't forget to visit Lizzie's grave, and watch the Elizabeth Montgomery movie they might still show in the evening!

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank suzeeq12

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Grand Island, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2012

We did the tour (didn't stay at the B&B) and it was well worth the 45 minutes to go through. The history, the creepiness, the fascination with what was the "OJ Trial" of it's day.

Actually inspired me to do a little research and have been slowly reading the trial transcripts... actually a great read.

But the house is very cool to tour through, definitely do it.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank island-time-ny
Bangor, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2012

My Wife and I and a couple of our friends were on a day trip from Maine and on the way home they decided to fulfil one of my life long fantasies by going to the Borden house. We were running late and tours stop at 3pm, i called them at 3:10 and asked if we could come by and the woman replied "of course" and we got there around 3:20 and we were the only ones on the tour which was awesome! It felt like we got the star treatment including an extended tour! For the life of me i cannot remember our tour guides name but he was awesome!!!! If you ever go, i hope you get the short guy with the tattos because hes great!!!! The house looks amazing and as soon as you walk in the door you can feel "it".... the house... you can feel what happend there. When we entered the sitting room where Mr. Borden met his fate i sat in the spot where he died and i was met with a very off feeling inside but i must say sitting there was something i had wanted to do for a very long time! We went upstairs and as we were in the room where Mrs. Borden was murdered one of the doors behind us in the other rooms opened and closed twice and there was no one else in the house. On the 3rd floor our tour guide refused to go into the room with the toy chest and told us a quite spooky story of one of his own experiences in that room.

The staff is GREAT, this place is a MUST for any paranormal buff! I hope we get to stay in the house overnight soon.

People on this site who have said negative things about this place have no idea what their talking about, The place is haunted and the staff is amazing! just because you cannot explain whats going on or if nothing happens while youre there dont just write it off as a hoax or say nothing is there. also, yes fall river is a bit of a run down city... mind you the house is one of the few original thins in the area... time has taken its toll on the AREA but the house stays beautiful and vibrent.

Thanks so much to the staff of the Lizzie Borden B&B for an amazing time and something I will remember for the rest of my life!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
8 Thank kidcard7692
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

We stayed at the Lizzie Borden in October 2011 and had a great experience. The only downside involved a purchase from the gift shop. The owner read the review, called personally and made it right. That is the kind of customer service that would keep me coming back.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lannyr
Denver, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2011

Look, if you book a stay here thinking it's a lovely little B&B then you're a moron and no one cares about your opinion.

However, if you are a Lizzie Borden fan (or a true crime buff, or a paranormal buff or a Victorian history buff) then you WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

The owner and the staff are amazing and truly love the house. The tour is great, the rooms are great. Of course Fall River is a dump, but who cares??? Of course the tour guides try to spook you a little, but they're having fun. Remember fun??? And although they are a bit cheesy they're EXTREMELY knowable and probably know more about that house and those murders than you know about anything, so give them a break and take a chill pill!

If you are interested in the Lizzie Borden House, BY ALL MEANS GO -- it will be one of your favorite experiences ever! If you're looking for a Martha Stewart experience please stay away and don't spoil our happy place.

-Erin, Colorado

Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
8 Thank Erin R
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

Absolutely the most unique stay we've ever had. Not to mention the creepiest. Our host was Shelli and she truly made it a great experience. We sat in the parlor while she re-told the story of the murder, trial and aftermath then she took us on a tour. Try to go on a Friday when she is there. The room was very comfortable for a crime scene. Unfortunately the breakfast was a disappointment. I had read in a couple of places that the Borden's last breakfast was duplicated. It wasn't except for the johnnycakes. Also it's served at 8:00 and if you're a bit late you get cold scrambled eggs. Finally we got a late start because the gift shop opened late and I wasn't about to miss that. Unfortunately the cashier wrapped my coffee cup in a couple layers of paper and it got shattered in my luggage. So I would have to say the evening and night were great. The morning not so much. So go see Shelli, spend the night and next morning skip the breakfast and head over to Al-Macs Diner.

Room Tip: Be aware in advance that the bathrooms are shared. Normally that would be a dealbreaker.