Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Fall River
See available hotels
  • Free Internet
Capri Motel(Dartmouth)
View Hotel
All reviewshouse tourparanormal activityjohnny cakesghost huntingb bentire houseemma suiteparanormal experiencesghost storiesknew her stuffother guestsnext morninghistorical societyperiod piecesinteresting tourmorse roomovernight guests
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Absolutely the most unique stay we've ever had. Not to mention the creepiest. Our host was Shelli and she truly made it a great experience. We sat in the parlor while she re-told the story of the murder, trial and aftermath then she took us on a tour. Try to go on a Friday when she is there. The room was very comfortable for a crime scene. Unfortunately the breakfast was a disappointment. I had read in a couple of places that the Borden's last breakfast was duplicated. It wasn't except for the johnnycakes. Also it's served at 8:00 and if you're a bit late you get cold scrambled eggs. Finally we got a late start because the gift shop opened late and I wasn't about to miss that. Unfortunately the cashier wrapped my coffee cup in a couple layers of paper and it got shattered in my luggage. So I would have to say the evening and night were great. The morning not so much. So go see Shelli, spend the night and next morning skip the breakfast and head over to Al-Macs Diner.

Room Tip: Be aware in advance that the bathrooms are shared. Normally that would be a dealbreaker.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank lannyr
Reviewed September 7, 2011

My mother and I stayed in early June 2011 and had a great visit. You get a night tour when you stay overnight and nothing is missed. I think it's awesome that you can take as many pictures as you wish!! Seriously, go ahead and book and you wont be disappointed! Oh and the breakfast the next morning is great! Check out the Boston Bakery in downtown -- super yummy!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Stacie01
Reviewed August 28, 2011

It was just two of us in the whole place and we got the extended tour, our guide (I want to say Neal) was just great, he really knew the case inside and out. The bed wasn't the most comfortable, but we weren't really there for comfort, so we didn't mind.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2011

The Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast was amazing. The tour of the place was so informative, food was great and staff was fun and really wanted us to get the most out of our trip! If you are interested in history or ghosthunting , this is the place to go for sure!

Room Tip: I stayed in the John Morse room. Really helped with the experience..all I am going to say
  • Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank julia_santoli
Reviewed June 19, 2011

A group of friends and I rented out the entire house for a fun evening. We were greeted by a wonderful lady who took us on a very detailed house tour at 8 pm-it was fun and set the stage for the 'scary' evening. We had made arrangements for a 'medium' to come and do a senance for the group. Lisa was nice but the cheesy trick of her moving the table and tipping it-well, it just was not necessary. Everyone could see what she was doing with her hands and if she had just not done that-well, it would have been better. I am sorry to write I would absolutely not recommend paying for her to come-the hoax took a lot of the atmospher out of the stay. The group I was with was fun-so we had a great time! For those not renting out the entire place-take note on what room you are in as many are connected and share common entrances and exits. Also, if you are in Lizzie's room-be aware that you will have a HUGE exit sign in big red letters in your room, facing your bed-it was aweful trying to sleep in there with the red glow "exit'. With the exception of the parent's room on the 2nd floor-the other rooms share doors and it is REALLY close quarters so ask questions about who is in what room next to you-seriously! For instance, those in Emma's room had to walk through Lizzie's room to exit their room-so take time to ask questions.
Breakfast in the morning wasn't too great-the potatoes were cold and hard and most everything was cold.
So, the group I was with was fabulous and the wonderful woman who showed us around and welcomed us there was a delight-just stay away from the really fake psychic Lisa, know what you are getting into for a room and come with a sense of adventure and you will have a good time.

Room Tip: Ask if it shares doors with other room.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends