“My Stay”

Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fairhaven
Reviewed July 31, 2013

I liked the location, it would have been a good stay if it hadn't been for the Ant problem. Also at the pool we could smell cigerrette butts and my granddaughter and grandson looked in the garbage can it someone had dumped a bunch of butts in there. I don't smoke and the smell wasn't pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stay here often when visiting this area which is home for me. The rooms are adequate and clean with a fridge which is nice.Staff was helpful and friendly. Nice full breakfast included each morning. Unfortunately, they allow smoking right out the front door which is a bit bothersome when entering or exiting and as a result there are lots of cigarette butts on ground around the hotel. In a good location, easy on off the highway and near restaurants and stores. Brahmin handbag outlet next door if that interests you. There is a old dilapidated building right next door which is quite unsightly and presents an unattractive view. A good stopover on the way to the Cape and Islands if you need a respite.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The hall ways were very hot the A/C did not seem to be working and kids were running in the hallway, the staff did not seem to care when you talked to them about any issues, the businnes center only had one computer working !!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MikeSafety01
hartleyj, Manager at Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input and apologize for the noise and a/c issues that inhibited your stay. We will use your comments to improve our guests' experience and we hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area.

Samantha

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Staying in this particular hotel is like being at home -- except that the staff is better than the staff (me) in our house. They strive to do whatever to make the experience a pleasure. The hotel has been remodeled and is quite beautiful in appearance. We highly recommend.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 7, 2013

I have stayed here before and would stay here again. The front desk staff was helpful and courteous. My room wasn't ready when I wanted to check in just shortly after check in, but didn't take long. At first I was a little concerned that my room was on the first floor close to the lobby and across from both the ice maker and the laundry room, but noise really wasn't an issue. The room was clean and had all the amenities that I need and even some that I didn't need on this trip like a fridge and microwave. The bed is my favorite and theirs is the only one that doesnt make me miss my own bed - mattress and bedding and pillows, total luxury. I didn't get a chance to use the fitness center but I poked my head in to check it out. A couple of each machine. The small pool was sufficient. It was clean and offered space for sunning as well as shade. The free breakfast offered something for everyone. Oatmeal, cereal, bagels, fruit, eggs and bacon/sausage, muffins and I'm sure that Im forgetting several things. Coffee, tea and water available all day.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Had to make arrangements to attend a funeral on short notice and the Hampton Inn in Fair Haven was located at short distance from the Funeral Home and Church. Staff was great and the room was clean and comfortable. The food at the complimentary breakfast was fresh and hot! Highly recommend this location!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Room was fantastic. I LOVED the kitchen counter area with sink & refrigerator. The bathroom was clean, large & spacious. A coffee maker in the room, with coffee (!). Plus the couch area, with couch (!) was huge. I thought this was a fantastic hotel. The staff was very nice, professional, and the room itself was immaculate, totally clean. Was an overall excellent experience.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhaven
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford
Seaport Inn and Marina
Seaport Inn and Marina
#2 of 3 in Fairhaven
Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth
TownePlace Suites Wareham Buzzards Bay
Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport
Best Western Dartmouth Inn

Been to Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven? Share your experiences!