“Not a happy Customer”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fairhaven
Clermont, Florida
“Not a happy Customer”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

First, the hotel was clean. Breakfast area was clean and prompt (we had to leave by 6:30 each morning and breakfast was ready by 6 - thank you!). Front desk staff upon check in/check out was great. However, when we booked the room, we were told we would have a Fridge and microwave. When we arrived, no fridge or microwave. We asked the front desk, they apologized, they didn't have any available. Since we planned on a fridge, we had perishable food with us, needless to say, the ice machine worked overtime this weekend!

The other problem I guess would be with Housekeeping and how the front desk handles complaints. We stayed Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Upon our return to the room on Saturday, the garbage was not emptied, the dirty wash clothes were still left in the bathtub (which means they didn't wash that!) and shampoo/conditioner was not replaced. I was greatly disappointed. I always stay at Hilton brand hotels because we have had good luck with them, but this was disappointing. I called the front desk, as I felt this was unacceptable. The girl was polite but said it was a housekeeping issue and she would empty the trash if I wanted, but really didn't have any resolution to the problems. She said she would inform her manager, but we never heard from management. Just very disappointing in the cleaning. I haven't had this experience in any other hotel. I would expect they would not offer to pick up the trash, but demand it. I also would expect them to have someone come up and actually clean the room.

Lastly, the pool is located in an odd area. You have to either come out the front entrance and walk around the pool area to get in - or walk most of the way down the 1st floor hallway past all of the rooms to go out a side door and follow the sidewalk. Strange design.

Room Tip: The rooms were a bit small, for a few dollars more, grab a suite.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Barbara F

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Colleyville, Texas
Reviewed July 8, 2012 via mobile

Very friendly and accommodating staff. Room, jr suite, nice size with kitchenette. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Mustread1
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I was sent to this Hampton since it's close to one of my customers. I stayed for 3 nights as I could not stand the place. This Hampton is in need of a good refresh.

Although the room was clearly marked as non-smoking, it was smelly to say the least. The room has a very rustic feeling thanks to its furniture. It would be great if it had a pair of curtains so I don't have to choose between exhibiting myself and total dark.

Nothing to say about the friendly staff.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
San Diego, California
Reviewed May 22, 2012

Nice room and adequate breakfast. However, do not stay on the 3rd floor. There are some smoking rooms there and our first "non-smoking" room smelled of smoke. Staff very politely moved us to the 2nd floor. But it would have been a disaster if they were out of rooms.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 3rd floor. There are some smoking rooms there and our first "non-smoking&quo...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was just here for one night, but everything was fine. Friendly staff, clean and quiet room, comfortable bed.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Connecticut
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Checked in here on a late Monday night after midnight with an advanced reservation. Room was all set to go, but, I had a question about possibly having a day rate since it was after midnight. The front desk suggested I speak to the manager in the morning but quickly looked and said, "Since you are staying with us for a few days, I can upgrade your room to a king suite, would that settle the difference?" To my surprise, she made an executive decision acknowledging my concern. After locking mysefl out of my room @ 3am, there was actually an attendent at the front desk !!...She made me a new card so I could get back in.
I rested well and had an enjoyable breakfast the next morning with all the works. Coffee, tea, water, 4 kinds of juice, bagels, toast, cereal, eggs, bacon, and,3 or 4 kinds of pastries.

Room Tip: Option of elevators on the far end of hotel or near lobby. Take your pick. Rooms are quieter near th...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank rodioCT
New Jersey
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here because we needed to be close for an early AM event in the area...left too early to get breakfast, but we were given a bag breakfast. Fresh coffee was being made as we left at 5:15 AM, so I was able to get a cup of coffee on my way out. We spoke with the front desk 3 separate times, (so I think we covered every shift!) and the employees were very friendly and accommodating. The room was fresh and clean and the temp controls worked perfectly. Will stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank AnneBonny10
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhaven
Seaport Inn and Marina
Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport
Mansion House
Mansion House
#1 of 3 in Vineyard Haven

Been to Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven? Share your experiences!