“Needs to be refreshed”

Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fairhaven
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I was sent to this Hampton since it's close to one of my customers. I stayed for 3 nights as I could not stand the place. This Hampton is in need of a good refresh.

Although the room was clearly marked as non-smoking, it was smelly to say the least. The room has a very rustic feeling thanks to its furniture. It would be great if it had a pair of curtains so I don't have to choose between exhibiting myself and total dark.

Nothing to say about the friendly staff.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Nice room and adequate breakfast. However, do not stay on the 3rd floor. There are some smoking rooms there and our first "non-smoking" room smelled of smoke. Staff very politely moved us to the 2nd floor. But it would have been a disaster if they were out of rooms.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the 3rd floor. There are some smoking rooms there and our first "non-smoking&quo...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 23, 2012

I was just here for one night, but everything was fine. Friendly staff, clean and quiet room, comfortable bed.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Checked in here on a late Monday night after midnight with an advanced reservation. Room was all set to go, but, I had a question about possibly having a day rate since it was after midnight. The front desk suggested I speak to the manager in the morning but quickly looked and said, "Since you are staying with us for a few days, I can upgrade your room to a king suite, would that settle the difference?" To my surprise, she made an executive decision acknowledging my concern. After locking mysefl out of my room @ 3am, there was actually an attendent at the front desk !!...She made me a new card so I could get back in.
I rested well and had an enjoyable breakfast the next morning with all the works. Coffee, tea, water, 4 kinds of juice, bagels, toast, cereal, eggs, bacon, and,3 or 4 kinds of pastries.

Room Tip: Option of elevators on the far end of hotel or near lobby. Take your pick. Rooms are quieter near th...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank rodioCT
Reviewed February 20, 2012

We stayed here because we needed to be close for an early AM event in the area...left too early to get breakfast, but we were given a bag breakfast. Fresh coffee was being made as we left at 5:15 AM, so I was able to get a cup of coffee on my way out. We spoke with the front desk 3 separate times, (so I think we covered every shift!) and the employees were very friendly and accommodating. The room was fresh and clean and the temp controls worked perfectly. Will stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank AnneBonny10
Reviewed January 16, 2012

Stayed in hotel (on and off) for several months while working in the local area on an overseas assignment. The hotel facilities are good and what you would expect for this hotel chain. Fod breakfast a little lacking, Thank good for Dunkin Donuts. It is in a general quiet area so not much neighbour noise but this also comes with limited facilities around so if you are staying for a while you need to travel to find good food.

Room Tip: Higher floors are slightly quieter
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SometimesSkiing
Reviewed October 19, 2011

Was just a short 1 night stay while we visited local activities (King Richard's Faire, Edaville Railroad).
The hotel was easy to find, in an area surrounded by retail shops and restaurants. The hotel lobby was clean, the front desk staff friendly and efficient. Our room was a suite, with a separate living room. The room was very clean, everything worked, and the bed was very comfortable. Wireless internet and breakfast are included. The fridge and microwave came in handy, and the free coffe in the lobby was good. A nice place for a weekend trip.

Room Tip: For me, in a small hotel , the ground floor is the best place. Easy to get in and out of the hotel...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank moretosee
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhaven
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford
Seaport Inn and Marina
Seaport Inn and Marina
#2 of 3 in Fairhaven
Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth
Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport
TownePlace Suites Wareham Buzzards Bay
Best Western Dartmouth Inn

Been to Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven? Share your experiences!