“I'm Done With This Place” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Waitstaff
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
“I'm Done With This Place”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I just revisited this place for the wonderful fish & chips that I had last time I was here. I have to say it was sadly disappointing and the service really poor. We arrived on a Saturday night. There were four or five other tables occupied. One waitress for all the tables. It took a good twenty minutes to just get menus. it took another 20 minutes for her to take our order. I ordered the fish and chips again. This time there are no rolls or no salad included like they used to have. We also ordered baked fish and a steak sub. The food took forever to come out. It took at least 35 - 40 minutes. As soon as she put the plate in front of me, I knew it was going to be disappointing and I was right. The fries stone cold. That plate must have sat for 15 minutes before our waitress brought it out. The portion of fish was very small. I sent my plate back and my family members were just about done with their meals by the time I got mine. Their meals were lukewarm too. My son said his steak sandwich wasn't that great. I hated the atmosphere. I didn't mind it the first time but this time I was aggravated by the whole meal. I won't be back and I surely won't recommend it. Service was really poor and food sub par. They need to decide are they a bar room or a restaurant. Huge disappointment.

• Visited June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Msia52

New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Hurricane Irene added $1 to each meal..why???”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

I've tried take out twice, as I've read good reviews of the food..however BOTH times the order was WRONG. I asked the woman on the phone to read the order back to me, as there was a lot of background bar noise & she sounded confused..however we kept getting hung up on. I guess the phone line didn't work. Then when we picked up the food (not what we ordered ) we were told there was an added charge of $1 per meal due to "Hurricane Irene" which was still off the Carolinas at this point in time and quite sunny here (Friday evening). This to me was due to pure GREED. I will NOT give this restaurant a 3rd chance! If the food was really excellent I might overlook the poor service, but it's not-I'll stick with the Kool Kone.

Visited August 2011
Swansea, MA
“Fabulous!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2011

As a life long resident of Southcoast, I know seafood. We had the lobster "roll" plate. It was the so fresh and the portions were hugh! I don't like the atmosphere of a bar but boy... this is a hidden jewel and worth the trip.

• Visited June 2011
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
“BEST FISH & CHIPS”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2010

This is a bar. There is no getting around that but with that being said, there is seating in the back room. If you are eating here, you are able to bring your children. I had the fish and chips. The portion size was huge. A small is four pieces of fish, the large seven! This was the freshest fish I have ever had in a restaurant. Having grown up in a fishing family, I know fresh seafood. The fish came with a decent amount of homemade fries and a salad. My husband had a huge mussels, littlenecks, and shrimp dish in garlic and butter and he said it was outstanding. They also have sandwiches and huge burger. This place is fantastic for the price. They are very reasonable and worth a visit. The waitress told me they buy the seafood fresh every day. I can attest to that.

• 3 of 5 bubbles