“Glad they are back!”

Ranked #12 of 64 Restaurants in Fairhaven
Starkville, Mississippi
“Glad they are back!”
Reviewed July 11, 2014

I grew up in the area and remember the Phoenix from the 1980's. I don't live there now but come back to visit every year. It's just as good now as it used to be, although I don't think they serve the late night crowd like they used to. Clean, with good food, good service.

• Visited June 2014

Fairhaven, Massachusetts
“So So for Breakfast”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

This has long been a constant on Route 6 in Fairhaven so I was glad they reopened. The interior has plenty of spacious booths, a counter with seating and an open kitchen where you can see them cook. I joined a friend for breakfast on a weekday. It was steady, lots of customers. I had eggs, potato's and a cheese roll to go with it. Nothing memorable. The potato's quite bland. My friend enjoyed her breakfast. I thought it was kind of pricey for the two of us. The bill was $19 then a tip. I can get much better at a couple of other restaurants in town so really won't be hurrying back. Okay if you want a quick breakfast but nothing special.

• Visited June 2014
Curwensville, Pennsylvania
“Great Service - Great Food - Clean”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

I am more than thrilled they have opened back up. They service breakfast and lunch but sadly close by 2pm. Great service and clean.

• Visited April 2014
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Our Uncles Birthday Dinner”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My wife and me took her Uncle and Aunt out for his birthday dinner. Uncle had baked haddock with mash and veg. My wife and her aunt had the sea food platter ($19.00) the price was right and the platter had enough food for two with a go box. I had fish/chip and cup of chowder. The chowder was the best I have had anywhere the bacon in the chowder was the key to this chowder. The fish that we all had was haddock and I can't say enough about the fish. It was cooked to perfection, dry batter and it was not the least bit greasy. The scallops, clams and ship on the platter was great cooked to excellence. The Phoenix changes their oil every day they are only open from 7am to 2pm Monday thru Sat. Sunday is breakfast meal only. During the week they have a lot of specials Great Meatloaf. The Phoenix is very much worth the try and you may find you have a wait but it will be worth it.

• Visited March 2014