“Good value for price”

Cuisines: American, Pizza, Steakhouse
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I tried this place for the first time today, and was quite happy with my meal. They are known for their chowder and lobster salad roll, but it was apparent from the menu that they had great steaks, pizza, and seafood. All of which had a good selection to choose from. I had the tenderloin steak tips. I'll only get steak tips if they're tenderloin, and not sirloin. They were very good. Wasn't impressed with the string beans; they were chewy, and soggy.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were a party of 4 for dinner. Everyone ordered something different Closed Shaved Prime Rib Sandwich, Baked Stuffed Shrimp, Steak Tips, Eggplant Parmesan. Again, all the dishes were very tasty; service was excellent and this particular night it wasn't so busy that it was too noisy to talk. Busy restaurant most of the time so it can be very noisy at times.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I have been coming here for many years, the new changes look great! I am 9/10 times satisfied with my order and continue to go here with family and my boyfriend. The prime rib, lobster and minestrone soup are some of my favorites. However, the stuffed shrimp that I had ordered in my last visit was very dry and there was barely any shrimp.

If there's one negative comment it would be the prices, they have gone up quite a bit,

I work at a very popular independent hotel in the town and I am constantly raving about this restaurant and sending hundred there a month. Keep up the good work!

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Classic home town restaurant located near the college. The clientele are a mix of townies and college folks, young an old. The restaurant used to be in a location nearer downtown, which had more of a 50's feel. This one is classic 70's.

1  Thank Stephen R
Reviewed October 3, 2012

As others have noted, Mike's has gone downhill under new management. The lobsters were very light in meat, the pasta was mealy, our bread was never served, and the management rudely refused to re-cork and bag a half-consumed bottle of wine. I guess they'd rather encourage drunk driving. Will not return.