“Fried clams, fried clams, fried clams”

Gene's Famous Seafoods
Ranked #13 of 64 Restaurants in Fairhaven
Cuisines: Seafood
New Bedford, Massachusetts, United States
“Fried clams, fried clams, fried clams”
Reviewed August 23, 2013

they are the best fried clams, and a large is a large, I don't get french fries, because there is so much, you couldn't possibly eat it all, quick service you go up to the counter, place your order and voila, food, that you can eat outside, or on one of the tables inside, you must not pass this up, if you are a fried clam buff, they fish and chips, seafood platter, and a lot more, but for me only clams, what a way to go.

• Visited August 2013

Milford,MA
“Good,not great.”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We went to Gene's by chance since my daughter recently moved to the area and we are starting to learn the restaurants. The fried food was pretty good but a bit greasy. Clam cake was too doughy and not much flavor. The chowder was terrible . No one ate it. We threw both cups out.would I go back? Maybe not.

• Visited August 2013
Salt Springs, Florida
“Great”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I have been going here for a number of years. The seafood is always fresh and cooked just right. The prices are great and you get huge portions. This is worth a stop for fresh seafood

Visited October 2012
“Great Treat”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

When I come to Fairhaven, our family always eats at Gene's. As my wife and I get older, it does not hold our interest as much as it used to, BUT our children love to eat there. My wife and I usually get the clam roll. The clams are prepared well and Gene uses fresh clams. I can't get enough of them. My daughters like the cod and my sons like the fish and chips. All the seafood is fresh and is served with fries and some entries with cole slaw. Gene's sauce is delicious. It has a unique flavor that goes very well with what is served. I highly recommend

• Visited July 2013
New Bedford, Massachusetts
“Top Seafood in Seafood Capital of the World”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

This area is full of small seafood restaurants all exploiting the best eafood city in the world, New Bedford. Just across the bridge is the king of thm all,, Gene's. It is not fine dining, just good seafood, fresh and hot. It is what New England seafood is all about.

• Visited May 2013