“Love Love Love Margarets”

Margarets Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 64 Restaurants in Fairhaven
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Mattapoisett, Massachusetts, United States
“Love Love Love Margarets”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Love this little place in Fairhaven. We have been going there for the lasst 12 years - ever since it was recommended to us when we first moved here. The cooking is inventive and delish! There are many scallop dishes, all of them wonderful. The deserts are really hard to turn down.It is BYOB which is also great. The waitstaff is friendly and wonderful. Just can't say enough... a super place!

Visited January 2013

Boston, Massachusetts
“Fantastic Food”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

I was with two friends and we decided to get three different things and share. It is hard to say what was best because everything was so delicious! Pumpkin raviolis, beef tenderloin and the bay and sea scallops were all divine and as if that wasn't enough we tried the desserts which are all made on the premises and did not dissappoint. We all decided that the next time we go we are going to bring more friends so we can try more dishes! I can't say enough good things about this restaurant! Even though it is far from home I can guarantee I'll be back again and again!

• Visited March 2013
Boston,MA
“One of Fairhavens Gems”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The small eatery has been here for a while, and hasn't lost its touch. Great food with lots of new and interestingly prepared dishes. Eat here often and have never been disappointed. Their breakfast is one of the best in the area.

Visited February 2013
Dartmouth, MA
“Food is always great, even on busy Saturday night”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

I used to go to Margaret's often, but I hadn't been in several years because of schedule changes in my life. When my mother decided to take the whole family out for dinner to celebrate my father's birthday, I suggested Margaret's because I really wanted to go back. Everyone agreed. We were going to be eight, so my mother called that Saturday afternoon and put us on "the list". They had a table ready for us shortly after our agreed upon time of seven. That's no small feat on a Saturday night when the restaurant is very busy and a bit crowded and noisy. It's worth the wait, but remember it's BYOB so bring your own cocktails and wine and settle into the waiting room to socialize with your dinner companions. Once we were seated our waitress brought us beverages and bread very quickly. We were left to open our own wine bottles (I always carry an emergency cork screw), but she did bring us wine glasses. We enjoyed the appetizers of the pot stickers in the mango sauce, yum, and my nephews loved the crab cakes with the corn salad accompaniment. I think the scallops are the highlight of the menu, so I had the special "Scallops Rockefeller" with a cream, bacon, spinach sauce with a few little potatoes mixed in. I loved it because I'm a fan of cream sauces. The other scallop dishes brought rave reviews from the rest of the family, and my mother liked her steak dish off the regular menu very much. By the time we got to dessert they were sold out of the Pistachio cake which was too bad for us. We ordered one each of the other desserts left on the menu, two cakes and one tiramisu and one mousse. All were very sweet. The chocolate cake was good and chocolatey but the mousse was more whipped cream and sugar than anything. My nephew the tiramisu connoisseur said it was very good but not enough cake and mascarpone under the whipped cream. The menu offered something for everyone in our group, and we all vowed to go back soon to try more tempting menu items. We liked the atmosphere in spite of the noise of the Saturday night crowd because everyone was friendly and having a good time.

• Visited March 2013
Fairhaven, Massachusetts
“Never a disappointing meal”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Along with The Pasta House in town, this place is a tried-and-true spot for a fabulous meal, in a warm atmosphere with no rushing any time, even when it's packed. I love the Pumpkin ravioli but the scallops and any seafood dishes are prepared with creativity but not craziness. Gorgeous presentation. BYOB but that works for us anyway. Back to the seafood - this is a fishing family so it's fresh, fresh, fresh. Celebrity sighting: Jessica Biel and Justin Timberlake ate breakfast here when in town for a pal's wedding a few years ago.

Visited January 2013