“Nice Hotel Friendly Staff & Good Breakfast”

Seaport Inn and Marina
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fairhaven
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Nice Hotel Friendly Staff & Good Breakfast”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed at the Seaport Inn and Marina Friday and Saturday nights, June 7th & 8th. We paid $110 a night, and found the room to be very clean and comfortable. The beds & pillows were spotless and cozy. The bathroom was very clean (clean is a must for us) and everything in our room was in working order. Only complaint is no fridge or microwave in the room. Hard for diabetics who need to keep insulin cold. They did have a microwave in the lobby for guests. Breakfast was great. Much better breakfast than the other surrounding hotels. Hot Scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, and pancakes. Also they had the usual continnental items available such as bagels, english muffins, cereal, oatmeal, etc... Compared to other hotels in the area, I would stay at the Seaport Inn and Marina again. The staff was also friendly. They did not have a lot of knowledge about destinations in the area, but they were friendly and when we needed extra towels in the room, they promptly delivered them and with a smile.

Room Tip: If you are handicap, DON'T stay on the second floor. The hotel does not have an elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed June 9, 2014

the seaport Inn is okay, but not great ------the room was clean and the bath was fine. my only complaint was that the room was small and only 1 small window which looked over the parking lot---even though I was told I would have a water view. I thought Having a restaurant on site would be handy---but each time I went there, I was practically the only person in the place. I found Fathoms Restaurant right down the road which was great. The hotel is dated & needs some modernizing

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank tootalltony94
Stratford, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed April 18, 2014

We were welcomed when registering - Josh couldn't have been nicer. Our room, while a bit small, was comfortable, as was the bed, and chair. The place smelled clean, but not chemically smelly. We liked the ease of entry and exit through the side door, and the view of the working harbor on Fairhaven's and New Bedford's harbors. The Inn is right over the bridge from New Bedford (we've stayed in the area of NB, and Fall River before). We thought Fairhaven was a lovely little town as well. Didn't take advantage of breakfast because we got up too late both mornings. Would stay here again for sure! There is some construction going on in the hotel, but the noise was not overwhelming and didn't start too early either.

Room Tip: South side rooms have views of the harbors, and overlook parking area.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have stayed at Seaport Inn multiple times and once I'm in Fair Haven I would stay anywhere else. The staff is excellent and love doing their jobs, the rooms are very clean and spacious. Breakfast is exceexcellent!

• Stayed March 2014
Chesterfield, Virginia
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We stayed at the Seaport Inn for a family wedding, and found it comfortable and accommodating. The rooms were clean and well-maintained, and the breakfast was plentiful and hot each morning. Free cookies in the evening, too.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
seaportinnmarina, Group Sales Manager at Seaport Inn and Marina, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Thank you very much for your great feedback. We strive to make every guest feel as accommodated as possible during their stay with us. We take extreme pride in making sure our hotel is at its best in terms of cleanliness, service, and comfort. Being an independent hotel allows us to focus in on making every guest experience a personalized enjoyable stay. We hope to see you again at the Seaport Inn and Marina next time your travel arrangements bring you to the New Bedford/Fairhaven area.
Rochester, Massachusetts
Reviewed April 14, 2014

I got married in Rochester MA and chose the Seaport Inn to stay with my bridesmaids the night before and my new husband the wedding night. The suite was absolutely beautiful and spacious! Bigger than our apartment! And the staff was so helpful whenever we needed anything throughout wedding prep! The coordinator Stephanie was a joy to work with and I would absolutely suggest the Seaport Inn for any reason of stay. It it a lovely hotel inside and at a very reasonable price :)

• Stayed April 2014
Thank you so much for your great feedback. I'm very happy to hear that you enjoyed our facility, staff, and our gorgeous Deluxe Suite. We love being able to accommodate groups of all types and sizes. We look forward to seeing you or any of your friends and family again here at the Seaport Inn and Marina on your next trip down to the Fairhaven/New Bedford area.
Boston
Reviewed March 20, 2014

Got stuck in Fairfield during a recent snow storm. This hotel took me in at midnight, which I was grateful for. It was quite, clean, big windows so I could watch the snow over the harbor. Plenty of parking. Nice staff. Comfortable bed. Everything was good except the coffee. Even the coffee in the thermos' by the front desk tasted burned, and there was no milk or cream, only the powdery garbage that will ruin even the best coffee. A good cup of coffee means a LOT to those of us who literally cannot speak until we have some in the morning. I would stay there again, but I'd bring my own cream, and probably a thermos of coffee, as well. Also, I believe deeply in recycling and do not recall any recycling bins anywhere.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhaven
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford
Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven
Best Western Dartmouth Inn
Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth
Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport
Dartmouth Motor Inn
Dartmouth Motor Inn
#4 of 5 in Dartmouth

Been to Seaport Inn and Marina? Share your experiences!