“First rate service.”

Seaport Inn and Marina
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fairhaven
Reviewed August 19, 2012

What a pleasurable experience. Twelve days at The Seaport Inn and marina. Phenomenal service, excellent personal Brittany helped my wife tremendously with payment for the room. Veronica helped in every aspect as well, from reservations to directions. What a lovely young lady. If I had a daughter I would want her to be similar to Veronica. I happened to see her deal with some difficult guests and handle it like a true lady, was totally polite, and never lost her composure. A mark of class in my book. Laura, Stephanie, Cris and Zach who also work the front desk were helpful in any way possible, as was Matt, the maintenance man. Housekeeping is excellent.The owners should be very proud of their crew. Looking forward to going back soon. Robert, from Maine

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Robert D

Reviewed August 16, 2012

We travel to New Bedford once or twice a year and discovered this former Holiday Inn a few years ago. The staff has always been very accomidating. Never a question I get a great Retired Military rate that beets anyone nearby by a long shot. Rooms are clean, breakfast is adaquate and location (on the water at a marina) is nice. Pleanty of Restauants nearby and Fort Pheonix State Beach is a jewel just down the street.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank directorfsm
Reviewed August 13, 2012

First the general stuff: Hotel is in a nice setting by the water, by a marina. Breakfast was okay, included eggs, no pastry. Somewhere I got the impression this is an old chain location, and it looks like that. Beds comfortable. Noisy probably wedding guests were in the halls till wee hours. /// The manager there was an enormous help in advance, when a misunderstanding caused by wording on an unrelated booking web site would have had us in rooms with one bed instead of two! BUT... the woman at the desk when we got there was bad enough to undo all that goodwill, at first. We booked three rooms, months in advance, and arrived early. We researched... and so reserved a fridge and micro, with an e-mail reply from the manager. When we got there we were greeted with one of the three rooms on a different floor (okay, no big deal, I guess), not one microwave (being told they weren't reserved, but 'requested' -- okay, no big deal, I guess), and the one room on the 2nd floor had a slight odor, perhaps from someone smoking in it (problem). The woman at the desk (Veronica, I believe) told the first person in our group there was no way to get three rooms together. When I arrived, having been the one who picked the place, I was told the same, plus that we'd have to keep the room with the odor because the hotel was fully booked -- even though most guests probably weren't there yet, judging by the time and parking lot. She said she'd send someone to take a whiff of the room. A really nice guy, who said he was new, came quickly. He said he didn't notice the odor, which frankly we were adjusting to after being here a while, too. I mentioned that he should let the manager know that I researched the room using TripAdvisor, and would be reporting all these annoyances. Maybe it was a coincidence, but after that, that same front desk person called and was as sweet as can be. She somehow managed to get us the third room by the other two, and even found us one microwave -- both of which she told us were not possible originally. After that, all was well. But, I'm not sure anything would have been done without mentioning I'd be letting others know about this on TA. (FYI I did not promise anything in order to get the changes, as should be evident from this review.)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

We recently blocked 50 rooms for a wedding that was off site. Every one of our guests was completely satisfied with their stay! The hotel was clean, accomodating and the staff was friendly and extremely helpful to our guests and to us in the booking process. Stephanie Pacheco, the Group Sales Manager, was OUTSTANDING! She kept in touch through email weekly up until the wedding day. She was available when needed and made our stay at the Seaport Inn & Marina a pleasant experience. Stephanie is truly an asset to the hotel. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Make sure you chose a non-smoking room, as they have both options available.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kim S
Reviewed August 4, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel for the New Bedford Summerfest for three years now. Making reservations well in advance is the way I always work, so I was astounded when we were told that the two bed room I had reserved in February (it was July) was not available. The best they could do was wedge a roll-away cot into our small room. The next morning we were told that we would be able to move into the type of room we had originally reserved. Not happy about the situation, I asked what the manager would do. To their credit, they offered a discount for the two nights we stayed.

This property is in need of freshening. It is starting to feel a little run down. The lobby area coffee, tea, and cookie bar is now just coffee and tea. You can buy your cookies at the front desk. It's the little things that change the pleasant feelings of a hotel. The carpet in our two rooms seemed in need of a good cleaning.

On the way through the halls of the hotel, you may have to pass through the smoking rooms corridor. The ventilation in this area is horrible, and we tried to avoid this hallway at all costs. How about making your hotel non smoking? It's the way many hotels are going these days, and your cleaning costs will go down.

With a newer hotel in New Bedford, it may be time to move on from this property. Too bad. It's in a nice little corner right on the harbor.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank bnwilensky
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently stayed in this hotel and was quite disappointed. I have stayed here many times over the years, and, I guess I am always expecting it to be a little better from my last stay. There was a large stain on the desk chair and holes of all sizes in the blanket/coverlet. When I arrived, housekeeping was still not done with my room and I had to wait an hour for towels. But the worst thing was that the bathroom sink would not drain. When I mentioned this to the front desk, I was informed that maintenance would be contacted in the morning. (This was a holiday weekend and I would have figured that someone would have been on call.)
I do admit that the bed was quite comfortable. When I checked out in the morning, I did let the front desk know about these problems and they gave me a substantial discount for the night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I was in Fairhaven for a family reunion, and stayed four nights at the Seaport Inn. It was my first time traveling solo, and I felt completely safe and relaxed here. The bed was incredibly comfortable, the furnishings nice, and they serve an excellent free breakfast. I also like the fact that the building was secured at night - nobody but guests coming and going. Definitely recommend and I will stay there on my next trip to the Northeast!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank LewisandClarkette
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhaven
Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford
Best Western Dartmouth Inn
Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth
Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport
Comfort Inn & Suites Fall River

Been to Seaport Inn and Marina? Share your experiences!