“wonderful experience”
Review of Polish Manor Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fairhaven
Polish Manor Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Fairhaven B&B and Inns
“wonderful experience”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

My husband an I had a wonderful experience staying at the Polish Manor Inn. The house is beautiful and care taker was great. I loved every thing about our stay, I would recommend staying at this bed and breakfast, and I cant wait to go back!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Deborah m

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Orleans, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Please notice that the two bad reviews about this B&B were both by persons who did not stay there at all. (In my opinion, Trip Advisor should remove both of these reviews.)

Everything was perfect for our stay. First, the owner does accept credit cards, and gave us his cell phone number to make sure that he met us at the entrance and that our arrival went perfectly. The place is totally spotless -- eat off the floors clean. The rooms all had breathtaking views of a working fishing vessel harbor. We were not certain that we were going to like the lack of air conditioning, but the high ceilings, direct ocean breeze, and ceiling fans had us appreciative of the warm coverlet on the four poster bed. The bed was high, with steps to get in and out for shorter persons, and very comfortable.

In the late afternoon, we had drinks out under an umbrella at a table in the beautiful front garden (carefully tended flowers, immaculate stepping stones and grass) with Frank Budryk the owner. Frank brought two glasses of a good red wine from Portugal, and when it turned that my wife could not drink reds but had brought her own white in our cooler, I invited him to sit down and share the second red with us. We traded stories, and Frank's were very interesting. He is wonderfully conversant about books, ideas, opera -- which he loves -- and fishing (we skipped politics, but I think that we could have discussed that in a non-argumentative fashion as well.). By the end of this pre-dinner interlude, I felt that we had become friends -- not just loquacious inn keeper and loquacious customer, but actual friends.

Oh, and now to breakfast! To begin with, if you expect a breakfast and run in the early morning, don't stay here. The breakfasts here are for hedonists, and they don't really start until sometime between nine and nine thirty. Just stay on, and be pampered!

For starters, there was a heaping plate of salami and ham slices, served along with very ripe sliced tomatoes covered with basil and a special salt mix Frank uses. This was followed with hard boiled eggs served over cheese between buns, and varied sausages. On the side, a wonderful plate heaped with delicious sugar bread baked at Frank's. Orange juice, coffee, and berry juice rounded out the breakfast with beverages. At our table was a lovely couple who were also Polish by ancestry (we were not at all, but did not feel at all out of place and would go back to the Polish Manor Inn any time we might be within miles of the New Bedford/ Fairhaven area.)

Frank is also in the process of converting space and a new kitchen to have a breakfast through dinner restaurant. Given the way he does things, we already recommend it!

Room Tip: They all have wonderful water views. Can't lose!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed three nights while visiting family in the area and appreciated starting the day with a relaxing breakfast in the garden overlooking the harbor. We were impressed with the hot breakfast that was different every day and included fresh vegetables from the garden and a variety of sausages and cheeses. Accommodations were quiet, clean, and comfortable. We enjoyed chatting with the owner over breakfast. He has a wealth of knowledge about the area and travel throughout Europe. The house is packed with books on art and travel for planning your next trip.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Andreas Y
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My wife and I have stayed here several times while visiting family in the area. The building has an interesting history. You can't beat the views and there is a very nice bistro/bar just down the street (Elizabeth's).

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Seanroche
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 28, 2012

I found this Bed and Breakfast to be a pleasant stay. It has beautiful views of the river and
the owner has a coffee shop he just opened with an intriguing gift shop, featuring some
distinct Polish goods. He was very knowledgeable about area attractions and we were
just a short walk to the beach and the bike path. The breakfast provided was more than
I expected, and I would travel here again sometime in the Fall

Room Tip: Many rooms had a view of the water
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Edward H
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed May 25, 2012

We stopped by this place and since it looked a bit run-down, we decided to go elsewhere. We talked to the owner and he was very defensive and not very nice. He could have talked us into staying, but his attitude turned us away.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Fairhaven hotels

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed June 14, 2011

My fiance and I are getting married in New Bedford, right across the river, in July. We wanted to spend our wedding evening at the Polish Manor Inn due to its convenient location. I contacted Frank at the Polish Manor Inn and he instructed me to send a personal check for the full amount of the room fee because he did not have a credit card machine. I sent the check of and about a week later started calling and leaving messages to determine if he had received the check. I left 4 or 5 messages over the span of a week before Frank called me back.

When he did call, he basically accused me of running a scam. He said that he gets lots of calls from people all over and out of the country and he is concerned. He said that he had tried to call me before and my number was disconnected. My phone number has not changed the entire time I have been dealing with him. I suspect he must have just mis-dialed. He would not state definitively whether or not he had actually received the check. I spent several minutes trying to understand why he kept asking me if it was deposited yet. He then said, "what is this about Virginia?" I then told him, that I live in Virginia, which is why I need to book a room in New Bedford, because I do not actually live in New Bedford, which I explained in my first call to him when I asked about room availability. I then realized that he must have gotten the envelope and note that the check was sent with. When I asked him specifically if he had gotten my note and envelope he said yes. Then I asked if he had gotten the check and he said "apparently not." Then I had to ask him did he think the check was stolen in the mail and he said "I don't know." I am pretty suspicious that someone decided to steal my check out of the mail and not deposit it yet ( over a week after he got the envelope) and then send on the envelope and note. He also never called me to say that he had received an envelope with a note but no check, I had to spend a week trying to track him down. At this point, I believe that he does in fact have my check but believes that I am trying to scam him. I now have to pay $30 to stop the check and find a new place to stay. So all in all, I don't think it is worth the time and effort to book a room here because Frank is uncomfortable dealing with out-of-towners.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
13 Thank jk848
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhaven
Seaport Inn and Marina
Bristol Harbor Inn
Bristol Harbor Inn
#1 of 1 in Bristol
Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport

Been to Polish Manor Inn? Share your experiences!