“Great seafood”

Ranked #8 of 26 Restaurants in Essex
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Had a wonderful lunch there yesterday. The clam chowder is great. We both had haddock, one broiled, one baked. They were both extremely good. Wait staff was very attentive. Will go back again.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We stopped into this restaurant on our travels through Mass. What a find!! Excellent in all categories. Best lobster roll I have EVER had. Quality & quantity of food was superb.

Reviewed June 2, 2014

My 13 yr old daughter and I eat at the Blue Marlin Grill frequently for lunch. We have never had a bad meal. We have never had bad service. The restaurant has had a facelift last year and looks great inside with a funky blue ceiling and hand painted art on the walls. Anything fried here is to die for ...the onion rings are awesome! I had a vegetable stir fry last time and the waitress suggested I try the scampi sauce with it and it was the best meal I have had to date. We love the Blue Marlin. Great food and a decent price. Lunch until 4pm :-)

1  Thank beachbons
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I were on a day trip to Ipswich when we both got hungry, so I suggested going to Essex since there's restaurants there. At first I was thinking about bringing him to Woodman's, but since he's not super into seafood and Woodman's is on the touristy side, we stopped at the Blue Marlin Grille instead.

What a great choice that turned out to be!

The atmosphere is very cool and laid back, with one side being the bar and the other being the dining room. It's not huge but you don't feel like you're being packed in.

He ordered the burger wrap (which was promptly devoured) and I went with the special of the day (Nantucket Rueben). I love haddock ruebens but this one tops them all. Instead of saurkraut it had coleslaw which was mixed in with the dressing then put on top of the fish filet with the cheese melted on as to secure all the fixings. I hadn't seen it done like that before! It was so tasty that I regretted not being able to finish the last couple of bites.

The service also needs to get a mention because both waitresses there were friendly and on top of everything. I can't wait to come back with my parents or guests from out of town. I already know that I'm going to try the Porteguese fish stew!

3  Thank MovementandLocation
Reviewed May 20, 2014

We''ve been going to the blue marlin for years and although the portions are smaller now they are still large in my eyes. The hot crusty bread with butter is delicious and hard to resist. I love that a sizeable salad is included with the meal and its not the usual fare. I always get the Dijon salmon and its so wonderfully tasty I can't get by it. My dining partner gets the baked haddock and/or steak tips and is never disappointed. I'd like to mention dessert but we've been so satisfied with the meal we have never tried one. They have refurbished the whole restaurant recently and its pleasant and the service is just fine. It's a pleasant ride through Essex and the whole experience makes for a great day.

1  Thank zzreal