“Good place to relax” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Windward Grille Restaurant

Windward Grille Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 24 Restaurants in Essex
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Antique New England farmhouse with 1800's barn attached. Fireplaces lit during the winter months. Large rustic bar with high-top seating around bar area. Booth and table seating available in several dining rooms. Special value priced specials available Monday thru Thursday. Large parking area with easy wheelchair accessibility.
Essex, Massachusetts
“Good place to relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

Service good, food good, room to sit - went with a friend from NH who was impressed and said he'd go there again

Visited August 2012

Gloucester, Massachusetts
“Excellent quiet evenings...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

My husband and I have eaten here three times and have always been very pleased with our meals. This is not an exotic adventurous menu, but very good food cooked with skill. Most recently, the haddock piccata was perfect, the seven layer chocolate cake a delight. The atmosphere is quiet, friendly and warm. I'd recommend this restaurant to anyone.

• Visited December 2012
Maryland
“Nice place, slow service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2012

I enjoyed the turkey dinner, which was nicely cooked with good mashed potatoes. People around me were ordering fish, but I was craving turkey. The service was a bit too slow, but the waiter was nice.

I do encourage the restaurant to make real ice tea. There is no excuse for the fake stuff when making the real thing is not difficult.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“A True Gem Of Place!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

We were staying nearby in September with friends who had driven up from Philadelphia to see us. I looked at the restaurant reviews before we left the UK and booked a table for the last night of their stay with us. When we arrived for our 7pm reservation the place was heaving with people and we realised that we would have to wait for our table. It was no trouble and we only waited around 15 mins. When we were shown to our table the waitress didn't come to us for quite a while. She actually seemed to be a little overwhelmed by the amount of people in the room. However when we eventually ordered our meal and it arrived it was just superb. The Surf and Turf was absolutely excellent as was all the food we ordered. Ok the service could have been a little better but this was a very busy Saturday night so I suppose we must cut them some slack. Anyway it was so good that my wife and I went back the next night for our last night of the holiday. Things were much quieter and we got seated immediately. Again the food was just fabulous. ( ok my Fries arrived overdone but were changed immediately) so no complaints on this front. My 'mixed' appetizer was just massive and incredible and my steak was just right. We were offered a free dessert and port wine by the lady owner which was lovely. Unfortunately we were to full to eat anymore and as I was was driving the port wine had to be declined. This restaurant has to be one of the best in Mass.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank scottfire
Palm City, Florida
“Our favorite "go to" restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Never had a bad meal at Windward. Always consistent and good service. Just love their Haddock Piccata. Reasonable wine prices.
Comfy atmosphere, especially when the fire place is roaring!

Visited July 2012