“Skip the hyped one”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Takeout
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“Skip the hyped one”
Reviewed August 13, 2014

Old school service, sweet, fresh, and succulent fried clams. Old school service. They were featured on diners, drive-ins and dives a few years back.

Visited July 2014

New York City, New York
“Great Seafood Joint”
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

I asked a some people where I could get some really good chowder, and this place was suggested. I gave it a shot. I had the best New England Clam Chowder I have ever had, and this area is seafood heaven. I had a small box of fried clams, (not too small) also very good, but the chowder was not to be outdone ever.

Visited August 2014
2 Thank jeremy t
Enfield, Connecticut
“Heavenly”
Reviewed August 11, 2014

My husband and I stopped at Farnham's to answer a craving for fried clams. The clams were expensive because of problems with the flats but there were worth every penny. They were fresh, nicely battered, and cooked perfectly. We added freshly made onion rings and were thrilled with the meal.
We had our dogs with us so we also needed a place to sit outside and eat. There are picnic tables outside so we could enjoy the meal with the dogs sitting with us. Great food in a great setting.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Catherine M
New York State
“The Famous Fish Place”
Reviewed August 8, 2014

This is a great place to eat...we stopped here years ago and have gone back several times since. The fish is always fresh and delicious..the fries are very good and the service is pretty fast, considering the fact that they have so many people piling in there. They do a large local business which always tells us that the food is good and the prices right, always an easy way for out-of -towners to find the best food while travelling.

Visited September 2013
Hampton, New Hampshire
“Perfect Spot”
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Parking is very limited. Don't open your drivers side door without being extra careful if you must park on the side of the road going East. During the vacation season everyone passing through this most dangerous spot is looking everywhere but on the road. Lines are long at times but it's worth the wait, most of the time. I found that if the place is very busy you may get your clams fried to a crisp like potato chips. In the past this has happened to me. I returned them and they were replaced but everyone with we had eaten and left me to fend for myself lol. Don't fret, I got even at our next stop to eat. Enjoy, be careful and have a safe trip.

Visited May 2014