“A Good Affordable Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Farm

The Farm
Ranked #14 of 24 Restaurants in Essex
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff
Description: live music, free horseshoes & volleyball
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“A Good Affordable Place”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

The Farm Essex
We went to the farm on a Saturday for Lunch and I was quite impressed for the quality, the prices and the size of the portions.
The drinks are well mixed and very affordable.
We decided on a Queso dip to start. One would be enough for a diner for one person.
I Had the Fish and chips and I guess there was more than a pound of fish and the same for the fries. There was no way I could finish the fries.
My wife had a pulled pork pizza and it was very good.
Service is good. Our waitress was attentive smiling and quick to answer your need or questions.
All together the price was very affordable for the quality.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Christian D

“Good Local Hangout”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

The Farm has a good local flavor There is a large Bar area that always seems to be full, a large dining area and an outside patio for the good weather The specialty seems to be the Barbecue plates which includes a very good pulled pork sandwich or a full barbecue plate that has a little of everything. The atmosphere is comfortable and there is a lot of variety on the menu
a good place to socialize at the bar or for a quiet evening out in the dining area
Listed as a Hidden Jewell from the Phantom Gormet

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank bubbia1
“Absolutely Disappointing”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

My boyfriend and I had heard such wonderful things about the farm, so we decided to check it out. We walked in and there were probably 7-10 tables in the whole restaurant, which is normal for a Tuesday night. The hostess was very nice and sat us at an outdoor table, which wasn't wiped down, there were still rings from the previous drinks on the table. The server didnt come over to us for over 5 minutes, we placed a drink order. Then after another 15 minutes passed, we walked out. I was appalled. I have been in the industry for 13 years and never had such horrible service. I will not return.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank kathamcc1372
Salem, Massachusetts
“Great BBQ!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

This place is so fun and has great food. Outdoor activities in the yard are super fun. You can smell the BBQ on site when you drive up. Menu is huge and there is so much to choose from. Specialty cocktails are great as well. I love to go to this place all year long. Ice cream on site too, so if you have room, you can get one to go! Every time we've gone, we've had a great time and a great meal.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank SMC0815
Boston, Massachusetts
“We will not be back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2013

I live locally and have heard a lot about this place so we decided to check it out. Entered to a jammed bar on the right and a virtually empty dining room on the left. The table was sticky, silverware barely clean and extremely slow service. Finally got our drinks and then waited almost 20 minutes before we flagged down our waitress who seemed surprised that we wanted to order. I had Caesar salad with bagged lettuce, soggy, generic croutons and bland dressing. The grilled fish tacos were reasonably fresh fish, small dollop of guacamole and over-loaded with shredded lettuce and way too much cheese. The Salsa was nothing notable. My side order of slaw never arrived so.....no comment. The fried haddock sandwich was also pretty fresh, and a good sized piece of fish but otherwise, nothing special. The clam chowder was lukewarm, loaded with bacon and scant clams and potatoes; rather gross, actually. To top it off, the bathroom was filthy! In summary, fair food, dirty place and poor, slow service despite being one of 3-4 parties in the whole dining room, Underwhelmed!

• Visited July 2013