“Fun place in the middle of nowhere!”
Review of The Farm

The Farm
Ranked #14 of 26 Restaurants in Essex
Cuisines: American
Description: Live Music, Free Horseshoes & Volleyball
Description: Live Music, Free Horseshoes & Volleyball
Reviewed February 20, 2012

This is a great spot in Essex. Not many places to choose from in Essex but this place is great. They had a live band - Release the Hounds - and they were great! Highly recommend for a date night!

Reviewed October 26, 2011

Was there last month and noticed they double charged my card. Called the 'manager' 4 times now and still have not received my money back. Average food and average service. Don't bother with this place.

Reviewed August 22, 2011

My husband and I decided to try out this place the first time after obtaining a Groupon offer. We've been back several times since and have had pretty consistent service and meal quality. Drinks are "A1"! Try the pear martini - excellent!

Portions are generous. Chicken finger apps large enough meal for 2, with salad. Recommend the steak tips and burgers, cooked to order.

Reviewed July 21, 2010

My husband and I went there last Saturday evening. It was earlier and the place was not too crowded. They offer free volleyball and horseshoes outside and dining on the deck. Since it was 90 degrees and humid, we opted to eat inside.
The service was just okay. I ordered coleslaw with my sandwich and they brought fries. When I brought this to the waitress' attention. She took my food away, but left my husband's food. After a few minutes, I told him to go ahead and eat. When my food came back, it was obvious; they just scraped the fries off the plate and replaced them with coleslaw.
I had a portabella mushroom sandwich. The menu said it was marinated. Well it must have been marinated in pure vinegar, because one bite made my eye water. The menu also said it was served with caramelized onions, but he onions on my sandwich were sautéed and still crispy. The guacamole on the sandwich was tasteless and looked like wallpaper paste. Maybe I should have kept the fries because the coleslaw was also tasteless. It was basically shredded cabbage in a watery sauce.
My husband had chicken fajitas and he said it was just okay.
The atmosphere was okay, there is live music later in the evening and they also have an outside ice cream window.
Maybe we hit it on a bad night, but I was disappointed.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed February 4, 2008

No longer the Vintage, JR's Route 22 Restaurant has taken it's place and done a darn fine job doing so. The service is excellent, the hostesses and waiters/waitresses are very personable, and the food is great. Of course, this one is across the street from my apartment, so again, I'm biased due to location.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook