“Woodman's is my favorite since 2011”
Review of Woodman's

Woodman's
Ranked #3 of 24 Restaurants in Essex
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Hennef, Germany
“Woodman's is my favorite since 2011”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

I discovered Woodman's with my two sons during our vacation in 2011. I have been back everytime that I was in the area. Right on the water, Woodman's is how a seafood restaurant should be. The decor inside is simple. You order the food and bring it to the table yourself. The lines can be long in the summer. Once I stood in a line that reached outside the restaurant to the sidewalk.The boiled lobster is good and so is the lobster roll. On this trip I tried the fried lobster dinner and liked it although my favorite is the lobster roll with a side of coleslaw. Don't miss the onion rings they are worth getting, too.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Michael K

Greenfield, Massachusetts
“Nostalgic Lunch”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I had chowder, steamers and onion rings today at Woodman's where we have gone on and off for over 30 years. We were first introduced to Woodman's when I was in college, we have enjoyed it as young marrieds and with our young family. Not much has changed over the years. The food we had today was excellent! The chowder was full of clams and tasted fresh. The steamers were nice and hot and sweet and flavorful. The onion rings were not overly battered...just right! I wish I had more room to eat more! Hopefully we will be back soon.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank ElizabethB112
Mount Vernon, Washington
“Excellent Seafood”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Being from the Seattle area I have had good seafood. This is some of the best I have ever had. I had the fried fish and my wife had the fish and clams. Everything was so wonderful that we had to change or plans just to make a second visit before we left to return home.
This is will be the first place we stop the next time we are in the area.

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Bill M
Rowley, Massachusetts
“What's the Big Deal?”
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We heard that if we were ever in Essex, MA, we just HAD to go to Woodman's restaurant. Well we did go and I don't know what all the fuss is about-the food was typical average fried seafood or lobster and the prices were very high. I would by-pass and find a reasaurant down the street!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Pam031
Vermilion, Ohio
“Clams!!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

This is a must when on the east coast. Best fried clams! Fun atmosphere and great staff! I highly recommend a visit.

Visited June 2012