“Can't recommend”

Dining options: Reservations
Miami, Florida
“Can't recommend”
Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

The interior is nicely done and welcoming. The staff is friendly and service very good. The cannoli was good. Our entrees were not good though. Everything was over sauced. Our shrimp and scallops weren't cooked even after returning them. The pizzas looked good though we didn't have one.

mindy57, Owner at Christina's Pizzeria & Tavern, responded to this review, January 7, 2014
Good day, thank you for taking the time to comment about our restaurant, Christina's.
I did speak with the chef about your seafood order and he clearly remembered the scallop and shrimp order and recooking it to what he called "overcooked". Our scallops are large and we cook scallops through and by that we mean it is firm and no longer shiny/gray in the middle. We also recognize that patrons can order whatever doneness they prefer. Chefs are reluctant to overcook meat as well as seafood. Shrimp cooks quickly and is ready when pink and firm, anything more creates a rubbery texture. I personally prefer my steak welldone and know that Chef's cringe at that request ...often times I return a steak until all signs of pinkness are gone. With that being said, if you prefer an overcooked scallop you should get exactly what you request. Should you decide to come back, please feel free to tell the server you desire an extra- well scallop or shrimp. Our scallop dishes are some of the most popular , baked or fried or Genovese...., or feel free to try something else on our menu, we do appreciate your taking the time to complete your review.

Colrain, Massachusetts
“great italian food”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

we have been to Christina's 3 times this past year. each and every time we have had the best Italian food. the food is excellent well prepared and the portions are huge. the cocktails are also really excellent. tony is very friendly and sent us some treats to share,,,very nice. and its a little pricey but if you stick to the 2 for 22 tues-thurs. its not bad. will definitely go there over and over.

• Visited November 2013
New England
“for authentic and well prepared Italian food - it's Christina's”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

If excellently prepared Italian food is what you are looking for, this is the place to go while "leaf peeping" or visiting at one of the local colleges or independent schools: from the veal to the old fashioned lasagna, everything is freshly prepared and well done. The specials are a delight - try the bracciole if it is being offered and the barbequed ribs are to die for. The veal sorrentino is a nice change from veal parmigiana and excellently prepared. When I am in the area, when I think "Italian," I think Christina's.

• Visited October 2013
Gardner, Massachusetts
“Just average”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

I took my family here the other night, I have been wanting to try this place. The lighting in this place is harsh in places, they use the ultra bright white florescent bulbs in some areas that hurt your eyes, the menu was you standard Italian fare and pizzas, My kids split a pizza, it was still kinda doughy, so they didn't eat much of it, I have the Cypress salad, which was good but floating in oil and the Chicken Parm, that was good as well, my girlfriend go the Baked ziti, it had way to much cheese on it, she didnt care for it much, service was ok, had to ask for water 3 times before we got it, and forget getting it refilled, that was quite the wait......

• Visited October 2013
“Eat here if you can”
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

A wonderful place to eat and drink. Tony is very friendly and his food is always excellent. Portions are large and the service is always friendly.

I wish we could transport this place to Reading Pa!

It's worth the stop!