Harbor View Hotel
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
$181
$159
Winnetu Oceanside Resort(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
$225
Pequot Hotel(Oak Bluffs)(Great Value!)
$109
Summercamp Hotel(Oak Bluffs)(Great Value!)
$199
Mansion House(Vineyard Haven)(Great Value!)
$184
The Seaside Inn(Falmouth)(Great Value!)
$109
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
1,013 results
All reviewsmain buildingfront porchmayhew buildingedgartown lighthouseoff seasonmartha's vineyardlighthouse grillrocking chairshotel barthe cottagesconcierge deskbeautiful hotellight housewater viewshort walkwrap around porchnew england
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 28, 2010

It was our 10th wedding anniversary, and the trip was perfect. We had a lovely room with porch and postcard-quality views of Edgartown lighthouse. The room itself was huge and comfy and everything worked. We used the fridge so didn't have to eat out for breakfast (our only concession to economy on this trip). The pool was heated but not overheated for sunny days in mid-September. The hotel was quite quiet at night and I slept incredibly well (an accomplishment for me). The front porch is a treasure both for its own ambience, its view of the lighthouse, and for people watching too.

We love going to Martha's Vineyard because it's a world where everyone is always in a good mood. This trip was the best we've had, and Harbor View was a main reason.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 17, 2010

My family and I stayed at the Harbor View hotel this past June. I was pleasantly surprised by how friendly and welcoming the staff were. I had brought my laptop and Wifi was not working for some reason, and right away they sent someone up to our room to get my laptop connected. We had a large room in the main building (w/ two queen beds), with an extra large patio, overlooking the pool. We basically chose this hotel because it seemed to be the only hotel on the island that was actually on the water (maybe there's others?). Beautiful location and friendly service made our stay.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank JJstravels_10
Reviewed September 15, 2010

We stayed at Harborview Hotel for 5 nights at the last week of August. It’s a lovely and comfortable hotel – definitely not fancy like a 5 star hotel.

We stayed in the Mayhew room which overlooked the swimming pool. The beds were extremely comfortable. We love the L’Occitane products. Housekeeping did a good job cleaning even though they forgot to dust. Each night there is turndown service. The room has two robes, a safe, free wi-fi, a pod coffee machine, a large flat screen tv, a small fridge. We had bad reception for the majority of the channels on the tv. The in-room organic coffee tasted terrible, like water, no matter how little water we used. The beds were extremely comfortable, loved the sheets!! The room was not large, but normal size. The décor was very up-to-date and attractive looking. The lobby and front porch with all the rocking chairs is quite beautiful – very New England – I love the style. I like the water bottles they had in the rooms for the guests to refill at the water stations.

I thought there seemed to be a lack of communication in the hotel. It was hard to find out what the hotel offered – not a lot of info was described in the in room brochure, like they would in other hotels. The room did smell a little musty (not a lot), but I personally like the smell – it smells like beach and vacation to me. The pool is a square shaped heated pool with everyone sitting around it, and there are usually not enough chairs. I found it a bit too quiet… It would be nice if the hotel had a gym and spa.

The location of the hotel is very good. We liked being able to walk to the town center, the lighthouse across was really pretty (try to walk there around 6PM when the sun is setting – very peaceful and beautiful). Parking at the hotel gets crowded but we were able to find spots. The hotel also offers beach chairs for the beach. There is a beach walking distance but we usually drive. Tip – don’t forget to go across to Chappaquidick – there is a gorgeous beach at the end of the road (park before Dike Bridge).

We were at MV right before Hurricane Earl and also received the evacuation notice on Thursday. It did not affect us as we were leaving that Friday morning, but I thought it was very alarming, with short notice, and that the guests were supposed to congregate at the Edgartown High School if they did stay on that day.

If we ever do go back to MV, we would definitely stay at Harbor View Hotel again. My family enjoyed it!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank LavaJava96
Reviewed September 13, 2010

Location is the only plus. We found the hotel to be very unresort like. The room was acceptable but not comfortable. The view from our room was good, the in-room coffee okay. Would not recommend paying full price here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Was evicted from my room the night before the non-event of Hurricane Earl whose highest wind gust didn't exceed 45 mph. Was sent to a shelter and alerted of the eviction via a note slipped under my door! Not a phone call nor personal notice of this serious inconvenience and potential hardship occurred. No attempt to find me other accomodations (despite no other hotel or B&B in Edgartown evacuating guests) occurred either. The cot I slept on at the shelter was cake compared to the roaches I had to dodge on the shelter floor! There was no cohesion nor knowldege of the staff as to what was going on during the storm. No one was directing where one should go, nor was anyone alerting the guests as what to expect. Said information had to be pulled from the front desk employees-and the information was innacurate at best. Finally, and the worst of it was, that no apology was even afforded by any of the staff members upon my return from the shelter! In essence, treatment was like that of a liability/nuisance rather than a guest. To add insult to injury, the next day the cleaning services had left the front door of my room wide open! Upon confronting the desk, it was intimated that I perhaps had left the door open..even though the room was dirty in the AM and clean when I got back! So although I cannot say enough about how beautiful MV is and what a beautiful location it is on which Harborview rests, the hospitality factor, decision-making and damage control of Harborview's upper management is seriously deficient- emabarrasingly so. It is in a moment of crisis that one shows one true colors and literally being a fairweather host at such an establishment is beyond comprehension.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business