1,089 results
All reviews main building front porch mayhew building edgartown lighthouse lighthouse grill off season martha's vineyard rocking chairs concierge desk the cottages hotel bar beautiful hotel light house bedroom cottage water view wrap around porch short walk
Reviewed March 21, 2018 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at the Harbor View hotel. Amazing experience! We had a slight issue the first night but the man at the front desk (Carlos I believe) moved us to an amazing room to make up for the issue we experienced. We were given an AMAZING room. We had plenty of room for my wife and 2 kids. The way our issue was handled demonstrated impeccable customer service and the utmost care for the needs of those staying at the hotel. Highly recommend!!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
2  Thank lfarmer2
Reviewed March 20, 2018

Great spot, nice staff, building needs a good painting but it is off season. Location of course is great as right across from water. Didn't get two network tv channels as we assume dispute with Direct TV. Can do take out from restaurant as no room service off season.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank jocelyn1959
Reviewed March 19, 2018

Saw some rugged reviews recently and thought we'd share our 2 cents worth on the Harbor View. We spent a 3 day weekend here this March. We were in the main building and experienced none of the issues some other reviewers had. On check-in the fireplace was roaring nicely. The young staff member handling our checkin was efficient and friendly and made sure to say "hello" the many times we passed by. At other times of day and night when others were staffing the front desk we were always warmly greeted and asked if everything was ok or if we needed anything. Our evening in Henry's, the hotel bar, was lovely. Despite being a busy night we had a friendly bartender who took great care of us. The best part of our stay was our room. Just lovely. Bed linens and the bed itself were wonderful. We had a nice view of the ocean, and wished it was warmer so we could have coffee out on our porch (there's an in-room Keurig) The room had nice wainscoting and nicely painted walls in muted colors. Many windows allowed us to have the room as bright with sunshine as we wanted. The bathroom was fine, too, with nice amenities. Truly, hard to complain -- and the views just lovely. Quintessential Edgartown. To complete our stay we went to the Sunday buffet -- all of the basics, plus an omelette and carving station, great bar list, and attentive staff. We look forward to a future stay.

Room Tip: Third floor rooms in Main Building are lovely if you can get an ocean view.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2018

Just returned from a lovely weekend on Martha's Vineyard. The Harbor View has a wonderful location and the potential to be a super charming destination. However, the rooms are run down. We stayed in the main building. Everything in the room was stained, scratched, dented, or outdated (and not in a charming New England kind of way). Our bathroom had an ant problem. When I called the front desk they were responsive and sent someone up to spray, but then we had the smell to deal with the rest of the night. The problem continued in the morning and when I told the front desk upon departure it was met with indifference. The view is beyond fabulous and if your intent is to soak in the coast and spend most of your time out of your room - this is the perfect place. The front lobby is charming and the restaurant is average. If I paid prime season rates I would be very unhappy with the experience, but for the off season this review will suffice. The cab driver indicated an upgrade is coming later in the fall. If that happens I would give it another go, if not, it is a one and done.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
3  Thank runningthesh0w
Reviewed March 4, 2018 via mobile

This was the third time that I've stayed at the Harbor View. I've been there many other times for brunch and drinks or just to sit on the porch and take in the views (my fav). This was by far my worst experience. The room that my husband and I stayed in had soiled everything! The carpet, the chair, the ironing board and the curtains. We even had rust stains in our tub! The Harbor View does a few things right, though and the people are always friendly and accommodating. I just wish that, on the off-season, they would replace some of the carpets, curtains and upholstery or at the minimum do a "deep clean". This hotel is not a cheap stay either. It almost feels to me that management knows there aren't many options on-island and so they don't seem to care. It's a shame too because I've seen VIPs from both the business and entertainment world at this hotel. I'm not a VIP but when I stay at a hotel of this caliber and price, I expect clean, unsoiled accommodations at the very least. I won't stay there again until I hear that changes have been made. (I know this review comes months after my visit but better late than never.)

Stayed: August 2017, traveled on business