1,089 results
All reviews main building front porch mayhew building edgartown lighthouse lighthouse grill off season martha's vineyard rocking chairs concierge desk the cottages hotel bar beautiful hotel light house bedroom cottage water view wrap around porch short walk
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

Our stay at the Harbor View was serendipitous. We arrived late in the evening without a reservation. The front desk service was excellent. Jarwin was sweet and gracious and showed us several room choices. We selected a beautiful suite (#301) with great windows overlooking the bay with a sunrise view. The bed was very comfortable with excellent quality sheets. We also had an opportunity to order wine and food in the bar. Our waitress, Sam, was great. We enjoyed coffee in the morning while sitting on the front veranda which was generously supplied with rocking chairs. Our short stay could not have been better.

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 176jeannier
Reviewed October 16, 2017

We decided to stay on a few days after our week spent in a beautiful, modern home on South Beach and chose the Harbor View Hotel. We booked thru Expedia and at check-in were told that all Expedia booking were placed in the Mayhew Building. We had no view so we asked for different room and was told that it could not be accomidated. Our room was definately sub-par. No AC for 3 days, green mold all over the balcony and dirty exterior walkways. With no AC, everything in the room was damp including the bed linens and our clothes. On the second day, we asked again to move and were told it could not be accommodated. Frustrating to say the least.
We chose the Harbor View for the location and that it had a pool - both which are excellent. The little bar Henry's was a nice plus. Not many hotel options on the Island. Next time we will go back to the Winnetu.
A couple of other comments -
- The hotel's AC in the main area was working fine. Every time we enquired about the AC at the front desk, we were fed a bunch of BS about it was restated and would take a couple of hours to kick on. When I asked the cleaning staff about it, they told me they thought it was turned off.
- We saw a bus a day arrive with elder package tour patrons. There looked to be a few few company meetings going on. This may be the hotel's prefer guest profile.

Room Tip: Avoid the Mayhew Building!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ogerkan
Reviewed October 12, 2017

Our rooms were in the wing that overlooked the pool area. Perfectly good rooms and staff very pleasant and helpful. Unfortunately we were there during the storm (hurricane Jose) so did not get to appreciate it as much as we should. It was a case of battening down the hatches and I would imagine the job clearing up after would have taken a lot of staff time. If visiting again I would ask for a room at the front overlooking the sea and the lighthouse but still enjoyed sitting on their wonderful front porch enjoying what I could of the view and the storm. It is about a 15 min walk into town depending on how fast you walk! but you can always get a taxi which makes it accessible. The food and food service was very good.

Room Tip: A room with a view over the water and lighthouse would be my choice.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Reviewed October 7, 2017

We arrived 4 days after a storm and our reservation was for two nights. The exterior hallways, steps, paths leading to the Mayhew wing were filthy. Our balcony was filthy. Leaves, dirt, twigs etc. I don't think it had been cleaned since the storm. I complained to the front desk and the response was "it rained." No improvement occurred during our 48 hours there. In addition, the exterior lights were dark in the hallways, stairs, paths. Impossible to see at night without light from cell phone. I complained about this situation and fortunately it was fixed. ALSO - the air conditioning was down our entire stay. It was very humid. After my forth request, I was able to obtain a portable fan which helped. The staff continually stated that the problem was being worked on - however, it was still down at departure. Very uncomfortable!!!

The hotel itself is wonderfully located and our room was spacious and clean. I sent an email to the manager a week ago (listing all the issues) and have not received a response.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Margie A
Reviewed October 4, 2017 via mobile

We thought the coffee and cappuccino was below average like most of the island restaurants are.This hotel restaurant has blueberry pancakes and bacon that were nicely done! Don’t forget to ask for the real maple syrup and ignore that sugary junk syrup that they try to pawn off on you. The buffet breakfast was attractive, but ordering off the menu secures your freshness!

Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple