My husband, daughter (who is 3.5) and I stayed here at the end of October 2013 for 3 nights.
We stayed in a deluxe 2 bedroom cottage which was beautiful - I cannot fault the accommodation.
But, when it comes to customer service - it was poor. We felt like we were intruding on the staff, but when we are paying $658 per night I think we have a right to interrupt conversations between the receptionist and cleaner!
We arrived with 2 large cases (as we are travelling around the US from Australia), a stroller and a very tired 3.5 year old and no one was there to help with the door or bags - it was like checking in at a 2 star motel.
Then the receptionist scribble directions on how to get to our cottage on a map, then ended it with a grunt! I was floored, no offer to help!
Also, there was no information in the room of the amenities at the hotel (ie: bars, restaurants, gym, pool etc), which I find strange.
I wouldn't recommend the Harbor View based on the customer service, but the accommodation was lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Harbor View Hotel offers guests spectacular views of the harbor, Chappaquiddick Island, and Edgartown light house. The resort sits at the end of North Water Street in Edgartown where it has welcomed families and returning guests for more than 100 years. Only minutes from downtown Edgartown, that offers its' guests an array activities from biking, shopping, dining, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Priceline, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Harbor View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor View Hotel And Resort
- Harbor View Hotel Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard
- Harbor View Edgartown